by Ruth Stevens
This quilt is intimately connected to the Champlin Library, considering its source: It was created by Ruth Stevens, who managed the library for 30 years, from 1956 to 1986. It’s the only quilt Stevens ever made in purples and blues—an aesthetic choice perhaps attuned to the library, which used those design colors at the time. Stevens’ family donated the quilt to the library in 2011.
Donated in memory of Ruth Stephens