by Ann Wolfe, 1946
This stone sculpture captures an innocent everyday moment between mother and child, one that’s been lived and relived many times between the walls of the library. Poland-born sculptor Ann Wolfe created the piece in 1946, and it’s traveled well since then, appearing at the Third Sculpture International exhibit at the Philadelphia Museum of Art in 1949 and in a four-woman sculpture show at the Walker Art Center. It came home to the Washburn Library in 1984.
Donated by Arnold and Virginia Kremen