Southeast Library sits on the east bank of the University of Minnesota and serves residents of the University community. The building was designed by master architect Ralph Rapson and originally functioned as a credit union for university and state employees. It opened as a library in 1967.
Previously, the East Side Branch at 22 University Ave. S.E. (1891-1904) and the Pillsbury Library at 100 University Ave. S.E. (1904-1967) served the University community.
Library building project information
1222 4th St. S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Get an alert by email when the library orders a new title by one of your favorite authors or performers.
Hennepin County Library offers a variety of resources and services to help students choose and research their History Day projects.
Join us at Southeast Library to learn new things, be inspired and connect with others. Library events are free and open to all.
Join these volunteers who work closely with library staff to raise awareness of library services, raise funds, and plan programs and events.