Book Club Kits
The Ice Storm
by Moody, Rick
Print this page
Email this list
1. Moody set "The Ice Storm" in the early 1970s. How would the story be different if it were set today? What about the story is unique to the 1970s?
2. How do the children relate to their parents? Do they see them as role models?
3. Compare the marriages of the Hoods and the Williamses. What do you think Moody wants readers to think about marriage and family based on these couples?
4. Which characters did you find most sympathetic? Which could you relate to the most, and the least?
5. What is the meaning of the title of the book? Do you think it just refers to the storm, or does it have a broader significance?
6. "The Ice Storm" has been made into a movie. If you've seen the movie, how do you think it compares with the book? How are they different from each other?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides