Book Club Kits
All Over but the Shoutin'
by Bragg, Rick
Print this page
Email this list
1. The Bragg family lived in poverty in the rural South. What role did class and race play in defining the family, and the broader community where they lived?
2. What do you think motivated Bragg's mother to make the choices and sacrifices she made? How did her choices affect her children?
3. Why do you think the lives of Bragg and his brothers are so different? How do their circumstances shape the men they become?
4. What do you think made Bragg decide to continue his education, and eventually become a writer?
5. What are your impressions of Bragg's father? Why do you think Bragg wasn't able to forgive him?
6. How did working for the New York Times and winning a Pulitzer Prize change Bragg's life?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides