Book Club Kits
The Days of Rondo
by Fairbanks, Evelyn
Print this page
Email this list
1. How would Evelyn's childhood in the 30's be different if she was a child today? How would it be the same?
2. Why do you think Evelyn wanted to take the job at the prison? Would you have taken the job?
3. What impact did Mrs. Eva Neal have on Evelyn?
4. How did World War II affect Evelyn and her community?
5. Evelyn's neighborhood, and many other neighborhoods, were torn down to make room for the new freeway system. Were you aware of the way the freeways were developed before you read this book?
6. What impact do you think the freeway systems had on the communities they divided? Were the communities able to stay together, even though the houses were gone?