Book Club Kits
by Wiesel, Elie
Print this page
Email this list
1. "Night" begins in Elizer's home village, Sighet. How does this community shape Elizer's life and beliefs? How is life in the ghetto different from life in Sighet?
2. Why do you think people didn't believe Moishe the Beadle? Would believing what he told them have made a difference?
3. Elizer and his father are separated from his mother and his sister Tzipora. How does this forced separation affect them?
4. How does Elizer's understanding of God change through his experiences? How do the other people in "Night" struggle with this issue?
5. When his father's health fails, Elizer stays by him instead of abandoning him. Why did he make that choice?
6. "Night" is a small book that tells a big story. Why do you think Wiesel didn't write a longer, more detailed memoir?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides