Book Club Kits
by Kirino, Natsuo
Print this page
Email this list
1. How do each of the women justify their role in Kenji's murder? Does their friendship and connection with each other make this easier or harder for them to do?
2. Each of the women work at the bento-box factory to escape from their home lives. What struggles do the women face in their personal lives, and how do these issues impact their role in the crime?
3. As a young man Satake killed a young woman and served time in prison. How did that murder affect him? Was his response to killing someone the same as Yayoi's?
4. Kirino describes contemporary Japan as being somewhat depressing, with limited opportunities. How does this impact the choices the characters make?
5. What role do Kazuo and Anna play in the story? Since they are not Japanese, are they able to provide different insights to the story?
6. What is the meaning of the title of the book?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides