Book Club Kits
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
by Haddon, Mark
Print this page
Email this list
1. What is the meaning of the book's title?
2. This book contains many diagrams, equations, and maps that help Christopher tell the story. Did they give you some insight into how he sees the world and approached different situations?
3. Truth is an important concept for Christopher; he doesn't like lies and doesn't understand why other people 'lie' or don't state the facts. How does this affect his relationship with the other characters?
4. What did you think of Christopher's relationship with his father? What about his relationship with his mother? Do you think his parents were able to understand him? Did he understand them?
5. What do you know about autism and Asperger's Syndrome? Did you learn anything or gain any insights into these conditions from Christopher's story?
6. Siobhan has an important connection with Christopher. How did she support him?
7. How did Christopher's discoveries about Wellington, his family, and himself change him? Would he have been able to make the trip to London if he hadn't had those experiences?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides