Book Club Kits
by Pamuk, Orhan
Print this page
Email this list
1. Ka goes to Kars to investigate the suicide of young girls who are forbidden from wearing their head scarves. Does he ever discover the reason for their deaths? Why do you think they were committing suicide?
2. What did you think of the narrative style, including the role of the narrator "Orhan"?
3. What were your impressions of Kadife, and of Ipek? As sisters, how are they similar? How are they different?
4. Throughout the novel, Ka moves between the different groups and factions. Where do you think his sympathies really lie?
5. Does Ipek love Ka, or does she still love Blue? Why doesn't she go to Germany with Ka?
6. How does the snowstorm affect the characters? How can it be seen as a metaphor for the events in the story?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides