Book Club Kits
Drums, Girls, & Dangerous Pie
by Sonnenblick, Jordan
Print this page
Email this list
1. What are some ways that Steven reacts to Jeffrey's diagnosis? How does his mother react, and how is that different from how his father reacts?
2. How do friends, family and schoolmates react to Steven after Jeffreys diagnosis? In what ways do they support (or not support) Steven?
3. In your opinion, what does it take for a family to survive the illness of one of it's members?
4. Describe or read aloud your favorite scene.
5. What role does humor play in Steven's life? What role does music play?
6. What does Steven learn about Renee and Annette?
7. What does Steven learn from Samantha?
|Additional discussion questions from: