Book Club Kits
Fruits Basket. Volume 1
by Takaya, Natsuki
Print this page
Email this list
1. What are your first impressions of the characters we have met so far: Tohru, Yuki, Shigure, Kyo?
2. In Chapter 3 (p. 102-103) Shirgure talks to Kyu about interacting with other people. What was the message he was trying to send to Kyu?
3. Why do you think Kyu and Yuki hate each other so much?
4. In Chapter 4 Yuki and Tohru talk about friendship and kindness. How do their beliefs differ? Which one do you think is right?
5. In manga, there are often little details in the illustrations that become important later on, or that illustrate something without the author having to write it. An example is towards the end of the first chapter, when Yuki goes to retrieve Tohru's belongings. Yuki tells Shigure that he wasn't going alone. Who went with him?
6. What are some of the themes that are beginning to emerge in the first volume?
7. We meet Kagura, who loves Kyu, in Chapter 5. What kind of person is she? Is Kagura someone you would like to know?
8. How are Tohru and Shigure alike? Different?
9. What was your favorite scene? Why?