Book Club Kits
by Lanagan, Margo
Print this page
Email this list
1. What stories involved the death of a character? How did the presence of this death influence what happened in the stories?
2. "Singing My Sister Down" won a World Fantasy Award for best short story. Why do you think it won? What things stood out for you in this story?
3. What did you think about "The Wooden Bride" who was late for her own wedding? What do weddings mean in our culture?
4. In "Earthly Uses", a young man goes looking for an angel to visit his dying grandmother with unexpected results. What do you think about the angels in this story? What about the other characters such as the boy, his Gran-Pa, and his Nan?
5. In "Yowlinin", an outcast girl tries to warn the townfolk about danger and is ignored. Why is she outcast? Why do you think the people ignored her warning? Do you think people you know "cast out" others?
6. Which story disturbed you the most? Which one did you like the best? The least?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Guide from publisher's website