Book Club Kits
I Was Amelia Earhart
by Mendelsohn, Jane
Print this page
Email this list
1. What do you think is the meaning of the title of the book? Why did the author use the word "Was" and not "Am" to describe Earhart's experience?
2. What did you think of Amelia's husband? Did she share his ambitions for her career?
3. Amelia talks with Owen about the risky and dangerous aspects of the flight she is taking. Why do you think she made the trip if she knew it was so dangerous?
4. Why do you think Amelia was so passionate about flying? What else was she passionate about?
5. How are Amelia and Noonan similar characters? How are they different? What brought their relationship together?
6. Amelia Earhart is a legendary figure, and her disappearance has contributed to her mystique. Does Mendelsohn's character reflect what you know about Amelia Earhart?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides