Book Club Kits
The Five People You Meet in Heaven
by Albom, Mitch
Print this page
Email this list
1. On the first page of the book, Albom states that "all endings are also beginnings." Discuss this statement and how it relates to the rest of the story.
2. What is unusual about Alboms version of heaven? Is the heaven portrayed in the book similar or different to what you imagine heaven or an afterlife to be like?
3. Discuss the Blue Mans quote from page 75 where he says, That there are no random acts. That we are all connected. That you can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind. How does this statement agree or disagree with the rest of the book?
4. How does Albom use the Blue Man's story to show Eddie that the same event can be interpreted differently when one looks through another's perspective?
5. How is it significant that Tala pulls Eddie to heaven? What does she mean when she says You make good for me? What is the lesson Eddie learns from her?
6. How do each of the people Eddie meets in Heaven help him to understand and his life? Is there any one character that seems to shape his life more than another? Does he finally appreciate his life at the end or does he still feel his life was meaningless?