Book Club Kits
The Goblin Wood
by Bell, Hilari
Print this page
Email this list
1. What do you think about Makenna's mother's death? In what ways is it like the Salem Witch Trials and the Inquisition in our own world?
2. Why did Tobin take the blame for his brother's actions? What kind of relationship did he have with his father? His mother? His brother?
3. What do you think about the goblins and their customs? Who's your favorite goblin?
4. Do you think that what Makenna and the goblins are doing is right?
5. Why is the Hierarchy destroying magical creatures? Why are they pushing the goblins out of their territory?
6. When is Tobin doing the "right" thing? When he supports the Hierarchy he's vowed to protect? When he helps Makenna and the goblins? How would you react to being torn between two causes like that?
7. What do you think happens to the characters after the ending of this book?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Hilari Bell's Website