Book Club Kits
by Booth, Coe
Print this page
Email this list
1. What is life like for Tyrell? How does his living situation make it more challenging for him to succeed in school and his social life?
2. Tyrell is in love with Novisha. Do you think she feels the same about him? Why or why not?
3. Tyrell's dad is in prison. How has this affected his life? Do you think Tyrell is headed in the same direction, or will he avoid making the same mistakes his father made?
4. What do you think about Tyrell's mom? How does Tyrell deal with her? Would you act the same way toward her, or would you act differently?
5. Tyrell spends a lot of time and energy taking care of his little brother, Troy. Do you think he does a good job taking care of Troy? How does this relationship make Tyrell's life more difficult? How does it make his life better?
6. Tyrell develops a strong relationship with Jasmine. How does Jasmine compare to Novisha? Do you think Jasmine is a good influence on Tyrell? Does she really care about him?
7. Tyrell has to make some serious choices about which direction to take in his life. Do you think he makes good choices? Where do you think his life will go after the events of this book?