Book Club Kits
No More Dead Dogs
by Gordon Korman
Print this page
Email this list
1. How does always telling the truth get Wallace Wallace in trouble sometimes? Why does he always tell the truth?
2. Why didn't Mr. Fogelman like Wallace's review of "Old Shep, My Pal"? Why do you think the dog always dies in classics?
3. Why are Wallace and Steve Cavanaugh ex-best friends? What is Rick-ism?
4. Why does Wallace always talk the team into helping him with chores around his mom's house? what is the difference between friends and teammates?
5. What did Wallace's mom suggest as a solution to his problem with Fogelman? Do you think this is a good idea? Why or why not?
6. Why did Cavanaugh tell the guys on the team that they would have won the last few games if Wallace had been playing?
7. Who do you think painted "Old Shep, Dead Mutt" on the scenery board? Why did everyone think Wallace did it?
8. What did Rick have in his locker, and how did it clear him as a suspect? How did Rick and Wallace identify the saboteur? Why did Wallace finally tell his very first lie? What would you have done, in his place?
9. Each chapter of this book is written from a different character's point of view. Do you like this style? Why or why not?
10. Name as many books as you can think of where the dog dies. Which books "let" the dogs live?