Book Club Kits
by Donoghue, Emma
Print this page
Email this list
1. Why do you think the entire book is told in Jacks voice? Do you think it is effective?
2. What are some of the ways in which Jacks development has been stunted by growing up in Room? How has he benefited?
3. What would you do differently if you were Jacks parent? Would you tell Jack about the outside world from the start?
4. Describe the dynamic between Old Nick and Ma. Why does the author choose not to tell us Old Nicks story?
5. In a similar situation, how would you teach a child the difference between the real world and what they watch on television?
6. What were you most affected by in the novel?
|Additional discussion questions from:
Reading Group Guides