Book Club Kits
by Watson, Larry
Print this page
Email this list
1. How important are the setting and the time period for this book? Could the story have been set in another location, or in today's times? Why does Watson use the location and year as the title of the book?
2. Why does Gail Hayden change her mind about what she thinks her husband should do? Do you agree with her change of heart?
3. Why does David choose to tell the story so many years after the events have taken place?
4. What do you think are the main themes of the story?
5. Was there any justice for the crimes Frank committed? Would the outcome have been different if David's father had arrested him?
6. What is the motivation behind Frank Hayden's final act?