Book Club Kits
by Card, Orson Scott
Print this page
Email this list
1. Ender lives in a world where the government controls most aspects of life, including the number of children in a family. How does this affect Ender and his family? What kinds of choices do they have in this system?
2. What were your impressions of Ender's relationship with his family? Could you empathize with his parents and his siblings?
3. What did you think of Battle School, and the games Ender was learning to play? Are there any parallels you see to education in your community?
4. Does Ender have a 'childhood'? Is he forced to grow up too soon? Or is he mature enough to handle the responsibilities his society has for him?
5. The Buggers aren't able to communicate with the people on Ender's planet. How does this lack of communication lead to the war between them? Could this war have been averted?
6. What do you think about the 'game' Ender is playing? Why do you think the government chose a child to play it?