home > bookspace > my comments > comment:

Avatar for Maple Grove Library Maple Grove Library said:
What begins as historical fiction about girls at a British boarding school soon finds them traveling into another realm.
posted Oct 25, 2013 at 9:15AM
$h00t1ng$t@r said:
Gemma Doyle isn't like other girls. She isn't proper, and has visions. Not just plain visions. Disturbing ones. When her mother dies, Gemma is sent to Spence, a boarding school in London, where she's supposed to learn how to be proper, and to become marriageable. Instead, she makes new friends and learns things about her visions that she isn't supposed to, which will endanger her own life and her friends'.
posted Aug 11, 2013 at 12:38PM
said:
This series was good. I was really interested as it continued on.
posted Mar 27, 2012 at 9:33PM
This book nothing like I expected it to be. The overall plot idea interesting, but the execution was often slow and flimsey. The characters were alright, but not deeply developed. It is an interesting book, but not near one of the best I’ve read.
posted Dec 16, 2011 at 2:20PM
mva95 said:
The first book in the series of 3. -It's long but worth reading. It may seem boring at first but if you keep reading and read the whole series when your done you'll wish it were real.
posted Feb 3, 2011 at 4:05PM
Silly Tillie said:
This is book one in the Gemma Doyle Trilogy. It is a very good read, and the entire series is an excellent and magical fantasy. :)
posted Jun 29, 2010 at 12:37PM
Melissa said:
I thought this was an interesting book that was very humorous and imaginative. The characters are very realistic and unique, and they are great assets to the story. Overall, the book is very good, although the ending isn't the best. I would definitely recommend this book to teenage girls who love fantasy!
posted Jul 14, 2008 at 6:43PM
Melissa said:
posted Jul 14, 2008 at 6:43PM
Laura said:
I think this book was phenomenal! I loved how it was about girls and magic! It seemed like Harry Potter but with girls as the main characters. This book is about four girls that find they have a magic power. This book has love, hate, and much more and puts you in the eyes of 14 year old girls. I couldn't put this down it was so good! Make sure you read the second book called "Rebel Angels" which is also a fantastic book!
posted Jul 6, 2006 at 11:36AM