home > bookspace > my comments > comment: ida b : --and her plans to maximize fun, avoid disaster, and (possibly) save the

cheeseeater said:
This is an amazing book. Its about a girl named Ida B who has been homeschooled her whole life and then has to go to school cuz her mom gets cancer. She has to give up her land where she had made friends with the trees. IT IS SO GOOD.
posted Jul 17, 2009 at 4:04PM
Avatar for KidLinks librarians KidLinks librarians said:
You’ll love Ida B when you start reading her story. She is spunky and creative and needs to solve some pretty tough problems for a girl who is only in the fourth grade. Can you imagine being home-schooled all your life and suddenly having to go to school because something big in your life changes? Ida B can’t count on her plans.
posted Jul 30, 2008 at 12:11PM
G said:
This is quite a book. Ida B tells her amazing story in a very clever way. She lives a dream life as an only child. She is homeschooled, lives in the country and rules the land she lives on. Her way of life comes to a screeching halt when she is forced to go to a brick and mortar school. She learns much in this journey. I want you to read this book so I will leave you guessing as to what she finds out. A great summer read!
posted Jul 5, 2008 at 10:10AM
G said:
posted Jul 5, 2008 at 10:10AM
Rgirl said:
You should read this book!!! It's amazing!! Will IDA B stay tha same?Find out in IDA B!YOU WILL LOVE THE TALKS WITH IDA B's APPLE FRIENDS!!!!!!!!
posted Mar 9, 2008 at 2:46PM
Lauren said:
this is a fantastic book and I reccomend it to anyone who is looking for something to read
posted Jan 4, 2008 at 4:21PM
Lauren said:
posted Jan 4, 2008 at 4:21PM
Kenda said:
This girl loves making plans, having fun, and being home schooled. Her name is Ida B. She loves how she lives with the trees, brook, her mom, and dad. When she realizes that she has to go back to school all her loves turn to hate. Will she ever feel the same way about life again? I loved this touching story that showed survival through a hard time in life. Age: 8-12
posted Aug 8, 2007 at 1:16PM
IdaB said:
This book is SO great!! This is one of the better books I’ve read in a long time. I checked out the book, then loved it so much that I checked out the CD version and downloaded it to my iPod. I listen to it all the time! I just got back from my book club meeting about it in St. Louis Park. We all agreed that the book is AMAZING!! This is a definite must read. I say that it goes on the shelf next to classic like The Wizard of Oz and Sounder. If they make a movie out of it, they should have AnnaSophia Robb play Ida B because when I read the book, I pictured Opal from Because of Winn-Dixie. Make sure to read this before school starts!!!
posted Aug 2, 2007 at 3:52PM
maddie said:
this book was soooo good, it was about a girl whose days as a homeschooler where everything-close-to-perfect, until her mom gets cancer and she has to go back to horrible public school,she turns into a sweet young girl into a black-cold hearted-monster i will let you read this wonderful and amazing book to find out what happens next
posted Jul 16, 2007 at 8:10PM
maddie said:
posted Jul 16, 2007 at 8:10PM
this is an awesome book it is about a girl that feels every thing is perfect and then everthing goes wrong she does every thing to make it perfect agian but ends up making nothing better.
posted Jun 1, 2007 at 4:40PM
Alexa said:
posted Jun 1, 2007 at 4:40PM
Listen to an audio review by kids at Concord School (Edina)
Get the Flash Player to see this player.