home > bookspace > my comments > comment: peter & the starcatchers /
Children's Fiction BARRY

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

amoeba said:
Sort of a "how Peter Pan came to be", great story
posted Aug 23, 2010 at 11:38PM
Nara said:
I will never get board of it
posted May 11, 2010 at 5:53PM
Anna said:
I like the book Peter and the star catchers By Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson because it had a lot of adventure. The story is the prequll to Peter Pan even though it got writen after Peter Pan. It shows how every thing came to be. The author writes all the topics very intrestly. If you like books that you always want to read the next chapter, you would like this book, because I never wanted to put it down!
posted Mar 16, 2010 at 3:41PM
Anna said:
posted Mar 16, 2010 at 3:41PM
this book was amaizing i loved it soo much! it was the bomb!!!!
posted Feb 19, 2008 at 1:01PM
madelaine said:
This is an amazing story that shows how Never land came to be, where tinker bell came from, and why Peter Pan never grows up. I reccomend this book. READ IT!
posted Jan 5, 2008 at 2:39PM
Ami Cool said:
I was amazing and it felt it was coming to life inside my head. I had well developed characters and I thought it was so good that I did a project on it for school and I got an A. After you read the first one you have to read the second.
posted Feb 16, 2007 at 2:52PM
Avatar for KidLinks librarians KidLinks librarians said:
Did you ever wonder how Peter Pan got to Neverland in the first place? In this adventurous story, Peter and his friends team up with the mysterious Starcatchers to outwit a band of evil pirates, led by the future Captain Hook, who are intent on stealing the Starcatchers’ secret treasure. Will Peter and his friends escape? And what is in the treasure chest, anyway?
posted Nov 14, 2006 at 1:44PM
shineforHim said:
shineforHim wrote, I LOVED this book so much!!! I thought the way the authors told how Peter Pan got started, including all of the details (like the giant crocodile, the native island people, the mermaids, etc.) was clever. I was totally hooked and spent many a night staying up late and reading. Check out the sequel to this book, too!!!
posted Nov 7, 2006 at 4:24PM
Samantha said:
This book was amazing. This book told the prequel to the famous fairytale, Peter Pan. It was adventurous and magical and very, very good. I couldn't wait to read the sequel!
posted Aug 30, 2006 at 12:54PM
Samantha said:
posted Aug 30, 2006 at 12:54PM
Emma said:
I thought it was a very good book. It was heartbraking sometimes.It told how Never Land got named.
posted Jul 31, 2006 at 5:41PM
Emma said:
posted Jul 31, 2006 at 5:41PM
Elizabeth said:
I really liked how the book wasn't just about Peter Pan. It included characters that weren't needed to explain the story, but added humor and made the book harder to put down.
posted Jun 5, 2006 at 4:23PM
Anna said:
This Book was so good!!!I would love to read this book again.I loved the part when the savages attack the people.If you want to find out more, you should read this book.
posted Apr 25, 2006 at 4:04PM
Anna said:
It was a very Good book!!!I would love to read it again.I like the creepy parts the best!!!I also like the savage people because they are cool.
posted Apr 24, 2006 at 4:06PM

related book list

main characters Peter
Orphan
Leader of a group of orphaned boys sent from their orphanage on a ship called The Never Land to an island where they will be servants; discovers a magical substance hidden within a trunk aboard the ship that allows him to fly and remain youthful for eternity.

Molly Aster
Upper class
Traveling aboard The Never Land; member of a secret society formed to keep evildoers from obtaining "starstuff", a magic material; guarding a trunk of magical stardust aboard the ship.
Apprentice