home > bookspace > my comments > comment: looking for alaska : a novel /

Funniest serious book I have ever read, READ IT!!
posted Mar 22, 2010 at 9:04PM
kb4444 said:
I loved this book. Everyone should read it...definately
posted Apr 16, 2009 at 3:41PM
kb4444 said:
In this book, a guy named Miles(aka Pudge) transfers to a private school in Alabama. There, he meets his best friend, the Colonel, and the girl who he loves but does not understand, Alaska. The first half of the book is adventurous and funny and I loved it. It gets sad but the book is definately a worthwhile read.
posted Apr 3, 2009 at 6:23PM
I really liked this book overall, it was beautifully written and the characters are engaging and interesting.... not for young readers..
posted Nov 28, 2008 at 9:18AM
gIrLgOeSsHoPpInG said:
This book is amazing! I don't recommend it to younger readers, but teenagers will devour it! It's about this guy, Miles, who starts attending a boarding school. He meets this girl named Alaska who's unpredictable, wild, quirky, and just lovable. Some days, she would be smart, fun and flirty, but others, she would break down and sob and not tell anyone why. I don't want to ruin anything, but something happens, and suddenly Miles is questioning how well he really knew her and what extremes she would drive herself, and what really happened to arise such a horrid outcome.
posted Jul 5, 2008 at 11:14PM
gIrLgOeSsHoPpInG said:
This book is amazing! I don't recommend it to younger readers, but teenagers will devour it! It's about this guy, Miles, who starts attending a boarding school. He meets this girl named Alaska who's unpredictable, wild, quirky, and just lovable. Some days, she would be smart, fun and flirty, but others, she would break down and sob and not tell anyone why. I don't want to ruin anything, but something happens, and suddenly Miles and Alaska's other friends are questioning how well they really knew her and what extremes she would drive herself too to discover the truth.
posted Jul 5, 2008 at 11:11PM
mustang21 said:
One of the most amazing and somehow touching books I have ever read: this book makes you think much further than the outside and see what life really can be like when things go so wrong.
posted Nov 11, 2007 at 9:10PM
volleyball chick said:
I think that this is the best book i have ever read i would recomed it to anybody!!!!!!!!
posted Apr 9, 2007 at 5:50PM