home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the lightning thief /
The lightning thief
Rick Riordan
Children's Fiction RIORDAN

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

akjfgabgoabkib how to explain this amazing series
posted Jan 28, 2014 at 9:05PM
An awesome friend of mine recommended this book to me. She is defenitely one of my very best friends.
posted Aug 24, 2013 at 1:31PM
Fiona said:
This book was one of the best ones I have ever read!! I would totally recommend it! First book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
posted Apr 30, 2013 at 1:21PM
Fiona said:
posted Apr 30, 2013 at 1:21PM
This is a great book filed with action and suspense!!! It is a great book for teens and pre-teens. I LOVED it! This author clearly spent a lot of time on this book because it ROCKED. It was so amazing I have read it and the rest of the series more then 14 times. Amazing book. No other way to describe it. Please read it. If you like Harry Potter, you will just ADORE this book and all the other books in this series. Rick Riordan is an AMAZING author. AMAZING is the only word to describe his books. Thank you and please read the lightning thief, the first book in the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
posted Mar 17, 2013 at 6:05PM
Allicia said:
This was no doubt, the best book i've ever aed. Now anything i read seems like blank pages compared to the lightning thief. i'd say, "if your in the fourth grade age group, read this book. If you finish it i almost guarentee you'll be satisfied!
posted Mar 14, 2013 at 6:16PM
Chloe said:
Do you like adventure? Then you will love The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. It is also very action filled. This is a great book because it makes you want to keep reading. It is filled with action with Percy Jackson vs. the greek gods. Percy is the son of Posiedon. This is one of my favorite books!
posted Mar 8, 2013 at 12:43PM
Chloe said:
posted Mar 8, 2013 at 12:43PM
Matt said:
If you like action, you will love Percy Jackson the lightning thief. This book is great because when you think someone is nice they turn on him and try to kill Percy Jackson, the main character. This is one of the best books I have ever read.
posted Mar 8, 2013 at 12:31PM
Matt said:
posted Mar 8, 2013 at 12:31PM
Yet another popular fiction I insist you read because it's sweet. Even if you already know everything about Greek mythology, like me, you may as well read this. It's great.
posted Nov 16, 2012 at 5:34PM
I read these books when I was eleven or twelve, and they are STILL in my top five. I love them, they are AWESOME.
posted Aug 11, 2012 at 11:59AM
James said:
It was very good! I like how it had a master bolt and a dark helm. I like how there was a pen that turned into a riptide sword. I couldn't wait to start reading the next one in the series, called "The Sea of Monsters."
posted Jun 18, 2012 at 8:21AM
James said:
posted Jun 18, 2012 at 8:21AM
Mya said:
In this book Percy Jackson finds out he is a half-blood and goes to camp Half-Blood. He finds out that he is the son of Posiedon. He is sent on a quest to find Zeus`s master bolt, which has been stolen, with his satyr friend Grover and his camp friend Annabeth. Will they make it?
posted Mar 10, 2012 at 5:08PM
Mari said:
In the beginning of the book they are going to camp-half blood, when they are in the car a monster almost eats them but takes his mother to the underworld. When he tries to save his mother he's in trouble because everybody thinks that he stole the missing Lighting Bolt. After he saved his mother they have to get the bolt to Zeus before midnight. When they arrived their his friend tried to stop him, because he wanted the bolt so they fought but it was almost midnight but they returned it to Zeus. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes Percy Jackson
posted Dec 31, 2011 at 9:06AM
Mari said:
posted Dec 31, 2011 at 9:06AM
jazzy2 said:
This book is so amazing. I now love fantasy!
posted Dec 5, 2011 at 10:10AM
carolynlovestoread27 said:
This author is amazing
posted Nov 20, 2011 at 3:44PM
It is one of the very first book series that i have read and even today i'm still reading all the new editions that Rick has added to the many books he has written.
posted Oct 2, 2011 at 8:39PM
Tigress said:
This is my comfort book: whenever I am stressed out or nervous this book can make me laugh!
posted Sep 13, 2011 at 4:19PM
Priya said:
THis is and amazing book filled with action and mystery. Percy is an average teen, but one day he gets sent to Camp Half Blood. There he realizes he is a demi-god which means he's half god, but this could also mean trouble. TO fing out what happens, just read the book.
posted Jul 11, 2011 at 8:20PM
Priya said:
posted Jul 11, 2011 at 8:20PM
Heba said:
This is one of my favorites, even though its a sixth grade book. It has some interesting parts in it; like a character named Sally Jackson makes blue food, how weird it that!! Its a fun book to read, recommended!
posted Jul 3, 2011 at 6:56PM
Heba said:
posted Jul 3, 2011 at 6:56PM
Seamus said:
The Lightening Thief is adventurous. Percy Jackson, Grover and Annabeth go on an adventure to Hades. They try to steal the master bolt.
posted Jun 15, 2011 at 2:26PM
teamedward said:
if you haven’t read this book already you ABSOLUTELY NEED TO!!!!!!!!!!!!
posted May 28, 2011 at 12:12PM
teamedward said:
OMG!!! this book was probably one of my favoritest series of all time. i loved this book because of how it was written, in a kid’s point of view, which is how i like to read books.
posted May 17, 2011 at 4:38PM
Avatar for becomethecatalyst becomethecatalyst said:
Excellent way to get kids and adults alike into mythology! I loved this book, then again I love mythology as well. The Movie wasn't that good though but the series awesome if you end up seeing the movie first don't judge the book by the movie cause you'll truly miss out.
posted Apr 8, 2011 at 11:14AM
booklover455 said:
This is the first of the Percy Jackson series. It's amazing!!! I love this book, it has tons of suspense and maybe even a little bit of romance here and there...
posted Feb 24, 2011 at 3:54PM
what i like about this is that the myths are very accurate ( monsters, relationships, etc ) and its super funny. the movie was suckish, i’ll admit, and it also didnt stick to the story line. if you dont like the movie, its almost a guarantee that you’ll love the book!
posted Aug 5, 2010 at 5:25PM
Sam said:
It's a great book with lots of action and a lot of involvement and references to Greek myths.
posted Jul 15, 2010 at 10:05AM
Sam said:
posted Jul 15, 2010 at 10:05AM
probablynarnia said:
My friend was bothering me for four years to read these before I finally did, and I loved them. I had expected them to be kind of childish, but they turned out to be really awesome. Also, I read it on a mission trip to St. Louis, which, if you've read it, adds to the awesomnity.
posted Jul 12, 2010 at 11:05PM
person#3 said:
the first book out of five in the 'percy jackson and the olympians' series. about a boy who dicovers he is the son of posidon(the sea god) and is accused that he stole zeuses lightning bolt so he goes on a quest with a couple of his friends to find it. i would rate this book a four and a half out of five stars since i think 'the last olympian' (the last book in the series) is the best book in the series.also if you think the lightning thief might be a stupid book because the movie was horrible then your wrong i admit the movie WAS horrible but the movie was also wayy different then the book. and if you think that the movie was good then you have no idea what your missing out the book is amazing.
posted Jun 18, 2010 at 4:23PM
person#3 said:
the first book out of five in the series. about a boy who dicovers he is the son of posidon(the sea god) and is accused that he stole zeuses lightning bolt so he goes on a quest with a couple of his friends to find it. i would rate this book a four and a half out of five stars since i think 'the last olympian' (the last book in the series) is the best book in the series.also if you think the lightning thief might be a stupid book because the movie was horrible then your wrong i admit the movie WAS horrible but the movie was also wayy different then the book. and if you think that the movie was good then you have no idea what your missing out the book is amazing.
posted Jun 18, 2010 at 3:31PM
Cailey said:
I liked it because:it related to modern life. First,percy is a normal boy in NY. Then,he finds out who he is, and discovers a sinister plan that threatens the greek gods. Read it to find out what happens next!!!
posted Apr 4, 2010 at 6:54PM
setrigan said:
This series is the best series I’ve ever read. It is so good! If you liked this series you’ll like Harry Potter and also the Maximum Ride series.
posted Apr 1, 2010 at 12:20PM
Leo said:
The Lightning Thief The Lightning Thief is about a boy who finds out his dad is Poseidon, so he goes to a half-blood camp. Then is offered a quest by the director so he goes to California, asks Hades to give the lightning bolt to him then he realized Ares stole it so he beats Ares in a fight. Next he gives the bolt to Zeus and goes to live with his mom.
posted Mar 23, 2010 at 11:42AM
Leo said:
posted Mar 23, 2010 at 11:42AM
heesu said:
Do you like "Harry Poter"? Then you're going to love this book. This book story about a boy who has special. His father is king of the water and his mother is human. His mother going underworld and He going to find his mother. And he found His mother. That's how it goes!
posted Mar 16, 2010 at 3:38PM
Pau-Latina said:
Book 1 in the series. Also is a movie.
posted Mar 6, 2010 at 7:23PM
Miryam said:
An amazing movie. A defint must see. I still thing Harry Potter is better thought!
posted Feb 22, 2010 at 8:56AM
TannerL.3GA said:
I have not read the book but I think its cool:)
posted Feb 9, 2010 at 5:26PM
bookworm100 said:
also liked it. I think you should read it
posted Feb 8, 2010 at 7:20PM
This is a really cool book. I used to think there were no better books in the world, and I still think it’s a good book. The narrating is funny, and I think it would be really cool if the Greek gods were real.
posted Dec 23, 2009 at 10:19AM
Brianna2465 said:
I Love percy Jackson best book ever.I even heard there is going to to be a movie.I also heard that Rick Riordan is going to make a new series
posted Nov 3, 2009 at 4:19PM
the BEST book i have read in a long time. Once you finish the first book, you’ll crave the second!
posted Aug 5, 2009 at 5:42PM
Caroline said:
I really liked this book because it is very adventurous and includes greek myths I loved how Rick Riordan described the camp. It is so cool how authors think these things up! I recomend that you read the whole story!!
posted Jul 13, 2009 at 1:58PM
Caroline said:
posted Jul 13, 2009 at 1:58PM
Sam said:
This book was great because I was intrigued by what was happening. All of the parts of the book were very exciting.
posted Jun 30, 2009 at 9:51AM
Sam said:
posted Jun 30, 2009 at 9:51AM
A tired genre / But still, it’s a ripping yarn / 8.5 out of 10
posted Apr 12, 2009 at 1:40PM
scamper125 said:
If you like mythology and Zeus-like people, this book is for you.
posted Apr 5, 2009 at 8:54AM
emma 01 said:
This was a great book! Percy, Annabeth and Grover show courage and bravery in their quest. I LOVED it!!!!!!!!!
posted Mar 8, 2009 at 11:25AM
Francesco said:
Sorry about the comment above from me.My computer has a virus.Anyways, this book is amazing.It inspired me to learn about Greek/Roman mythology. ~~~~~BEST BOOK EVER~~~~~~ Don’t stop keep reading every book gets better and better
posted Jan 12, 2009 at 8:44PM
Francesco said:
After I read the rest of the series it inspired me to learn Greek/Roman mythology. This book is the most amazing book i’ve ever read.I read these books from 6:00 PM until 1:30 AM.
posted Jan 12, 2009 at 8:41PM
liban said:
the book is awsome you should read it trust me you are going to like it.I can't wait intil the 5 book comes out the author is so good he should make alot of books
posted Jan 6, 2009 at 5:35PM
forever_cullen said:
the first book of the awesome series "percy jackson and the olympians."
posted Sep 13, 2008 at 4:23PM
Aditya said:
You know all those stories and myths about Zues, Poseidon, and all the other greek gods? Well in this book they're real and Olympus, the great hall of the gods, is on the 600th floor of the Empire State Building. Yes, I know the aren't 600 floors on The Empire State Building. Well, a kid named Percy Jackson is a normal kid. Until he finds out that he is the son of Poseidon. At the same time that Percy finds out that he is Poseidon's son, Lord Zues realizes that his master lihgtning bolt is missing. So he suspects Poseidon's son Percy and saying that if he doesn't get lightning bolt back in ten days he will kill Percy and wage war on Poseidon. So Percy goes on this wild quest to find Zues's bolt. Will he fail, or will he suceed? Read the book to find out!
posted Aug 13, 2008 at 8:53PM
Aditya said:
posted Aug 13, 2008 at 8:53PM
Anya said:
I say It's a good book and interesting because it's exciting and is set like it could be happening right now without us knowing it.
posted Jul 14, 2008 at 8:34AM
Anya said:
posted Jul 14, 2008 at 8:34AM
best book ever my friend recommened it to me he has to face gods titans and he is given a prophecy that says you will be betrayed by one who calls you a friend.
posted Jun 22, 2008 at 11:11AM
BellaSwan said:
Percy Jackson finds out that he's a half-blood. A half human, half god. Poseidon, the Sea God, claims Percy his son at Camp Half-Blood. Percy must go on a quest with his friends Annabeth and Grover to save Zeus' master lightning bolt before the summer solstice, 10 days away, or a civil war will break out between the gods. Will he make it? And before he goes on the quest, Percy recieves a prophecy that says "you will be betrayed by one who calls you a friend." Along the whole quest, he worries who the prophecy is reffering to. But at the end, he finds out that it was someone who he had never even considered...
posted Jun 14, 2008 at 8:23PM
BellaSwan said:
posted Jun 13, 2008 at 7:12PM
Alissa said:
This book is full of adventure and mystery. Percy Jackson just an ordinary 6th grader, or so he thought. He later finds out that he's a half-blood half mortal half greek god. He find friends and enemys and is in many breath-taking life or death encounters. His mother is taken by a monotor (a greek monster) and finds himself on Half-blood hill at camp half-blood. He's later offered a quest to find Zeuses lightning bolt and is sent to the under world to confront Hades the god of the dead to ask to return the lightning bolt so that Zeuse god of the sky doesn't blast him into smithereans the next time he steps outside. But the real reason for taking the quest is to ask Hades to give back his mom. Will he sucsead or will he lose what means most to him? Find out with this great summer read.
posted Jun 11, 2008 at 1:04PM
Alissa said:
posted Jun 11, 2008 at 1:04PM
Avatar for hinda_mizztwilightfreak hinda_mizztwilightfreak said:
the 1st book of the series Percy Jackson and the Olympians. this book is soo awesome! its about a boy named percy jackson who finds out that he's a half-blood, a demigod (halfgod). he has a friend named grover, and makes another friend named Annabeth. Poseidon, the Sea God, claims percy his son. which is why percy has unnaturally special powers- he can control water. percy soon finds out zeus' lightning bolt is missing. omg, ive spoiled too much! any ways, before he heads off on a quest to retrieve zeus' master bolt before summer solstice, he recieves a prophecy which says, "you will be betrayed by one who calls you a friend." he was wondering who it might be, but at the end, finds out that it was someone he had never even considered....
posted Jun 10, 2008 at 5:22PM
Bryan said:
This book is astounding, really a boy who becomes a demigod? Hope you read this book, first i didn't wanna read it because my brother brings it home one day. When i found out what it really was i got HOOKED!!!=)
posted Feb 26, 2008 at 7:46PM
remo said:
What intrigued me most about the book was the quest and how it was finished by three brave kids whos names are Percy Jackson, Grover Underwood, and Annabeth Chase.Someone had stolen Lord Zeus's master lightning bolt. Zeus blamed Poseidon for it. Now Percy and his friends have only ten days to find it and return it to Olympus were Lord Zeus and the other Greek gods live. Percy also has to return the Helm of Darkness to Lord Hades who lives in the Underworld.
posted Jan 2, 2008 at 4:44PM
A.J. said:
It is a great book! The reason why is that the author balances the amount of mythology, action, and humor in this book. I would highly reccomend this book to kids who are going into 4th or 5th grade
posted Oct 16, 2007 at 7:09PM
Marieta said:
Its incredible. Everyone who says Greek Mythology is a drag well read this series it gets better and better and its cliff hangers leave you in a thirst clenching search for the next book its almost as good as the Pirates of the Caribbean movie sieries. Their INCREDIBLE!!! Read It!!!
posted Jun 13, 2007 at 10:12PM
This is an incredible book, I like how it puts Greek mythology, humor, and action to make a great book.
posted May 18, 2007 at 5:41PM
Reid said:
This is one good book! I loved it when Percy jumps through a hole in the St. Louis Arch! The mix of action, mystery, and mythology all adds up to one of the greatest books I ever read.
posted May 14, 2007 at 7:23AM
Surtsey said:
Even those who claim not to like reading will enjoy this book about a boy who discovers he has something in common with the Greek gods!
posted Apr 28, 2007 at 5:39PM