home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the penderwicks : a summer tale of four sisters, two rabbits, and a very interes

Everyone needs to read this book! It is so funny and the way the author writes just makes want to keep on reading. I have read all three, and I heard she will be writing more. So I am excited for those..
posted Aug 30, 2013 at 3:27PM
SuperSummerReader said:
This book is a fantastic fun read.
posted Jun 10, 2013 at 7:56PM
Julia said:
A great book! I have read all three and would recommend them all!
posted Jun 5, 2013 at 4:29PM
Julia said:
A great book! I have read all three and would recommend them all!
posted Jun 5, 2013 at 4:29PM
Gus said:
i now all three penderwick books by heart and i love them sooo much i even wrote a letter to jenne birdall askind her to right a 6th i have heard that she is writting a 4th and her 5th will be the last the 4th will come in 2014 in a year and the 5th will come in 2017 because she said it takes 3 years for her to write a penderwick book so i can`t want for 2014 and 2017!
posted Apr 22, 2013 at 1:55PM
Gus said:
posted Apr 22, 2013 at 1:55PM
gus said:
i love all the penderwicks books they or so good!!!
posted Feb 8, 2013 at 11:07AM
gus said:
i love all the penderwicks books they or so good!!!
posted Feb 8, 2013 at 11:07AM
Elrock13 said:
One of my favorite books, hands down.
posted Jun 8, 2012 at 3:23PM
vicki said:
I thought it was a good book. Well written and easy to follow. It carried through at a good pace. The characters were different and stood out in their own individual way. I would read this book again and again.
posted Jun 22, 2011 at 10:09AM
vicki said:
posted Jun 22, 2011 at 10:09AM
bookworm303 said:
this is a pretty good book i didnt know there was a sequel i should get it
posted Sep 4, 2010 at 3:42PM
This book was Soooooooooooooooooooooo good! I can’t wait to get my hands on the sequel!! :)
posted Aug 5, 2009 at 6:06PM
Gracie2111 said:
I love this book!!!!!!!
posted Jul 13, 2009 at 2:38PM
Awesome book.
posted Apr 5, 2009 at 8:47PM

related book lists

main characters Rosalind Penderwick
Girl
The eldest sister; mother figure; in love with the gardener at the estate they are staying at during the summer.
Student

Skye Penderwick
Girl
Fierce and hot tempered; second oldest of the sisters; becomes friends with Jeffrey.
Student

Jane Penderwick
Girl
Aspiring writer; the middle sister; dreamy; romantic.
Student

Batty Penderwick
Girl
Shy
Youngest sister; always wearing butterfly wings; family dog is her protector.

Mrs. Tifton
Married
Landlady of the mansion that the Penderwicks are staying at.
Landlady

Jeffrey Tifton
Boy
Brilliant pianist; mother rents out a cottage to the Penderwick family; becomes friends with the Penderwick sisters; his mother is intent on him going to military school.