home > bookspace > my comments > comment: marley & me : life and love with the world's worst dog /

Champlin Library Staff said:
The classic account of life and love with a dog. It's absolutely worth reading, or rereading. Hilarious, sweet and deeper than it first appears.
posted Mar 12, 2014 at 2:22PM
ReadWhitPleasure said:
This book held alot of detail and emotions (good and bad), it made me want to keep reading until I finished.
posted Jul 10, 2012 at 11:35AM
cesar said:
i don’t no
posted May 19, 2012 at 2:39PM
selena10 said:
I seen the movie but not the book
posted Nov 10, 2011 at 6:19PM
cece24768 said:
I HATE THIS BOOK SOO MUCH
posted Oct 15, 2011 at 1:18PM
jazzy2 said:
I love this book. It you cry easily the ending can be a bit sad. Great writing and recommend it to anyone who loves dogs.
posted Oct 7, 2011 at 4:32PM
johncox13 said:
gloria hutson said:
Found a new romance novel author-Emily March. Her four new novels are written in a style like Susan Wiggs Lakeshore chronicles and Robyn Carr’s Virger River series. I recommend all three authors to those readers who enjoy love stories.
posted Jun 29, 2011 at 12:25PM
Weezy said:
I DONT LIKE THIS BOOK
posted Jan 20, 2011 at 4:42PM
Nur i s 12 06 said:
I like the book called Married In Seattle By Debbie Macomber. Oh my God she is a wonderful writer.
posted Jul 8, 2010 at 2:32PM
Elizabeth123 said:
I love this book!! It is so good but it made me cry... there is also a movie but the book is better also i have only read the adult version
posted Jul 6, 2010 at 8:43PM
radrunner said:
lack of character developement... otherwise interesting tales...
posted Apr 24, 2010 at 3:19PM
Book to film - but book is better! This book is a tear-jerker, but tells the favorite story about a truly loved dog.
posted Apr 18, 2010 at 10:00AM
YOUR WEIRD IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THIS BOOK!
posted Dec 15, 2009 at 5:35PM
kool kid said:
this book is weird
posted Aug 20, 2009 at 4:59PM
scamper125 said:
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!! it's funny and sad at the same time. one page you'll be rotfl-ing and the next you'll be bawling your eyes out
posted Apr 5, 2009 at 8:41AM
kb4444 said:
This book totally made me cry! It was so good. The movie did it justice in my opinion but the book was still better.
posted Mar 27, 2009 at 3:55PM
I’m reading this book right now and LOVING IT!!! Marley sounds SO cute and i want a dog SO BAD!!!! Marley is constantly in trouble, and its up to John to clean up his messe. Whether its Poop Patrol, to cleaning up the garage after one of Marley’s "wild streaks". The best part about this book is ITS A TRUE STORY!!!! EVERYONE should read it!!!
posted Feb 17, 2009 at 8:06PM
im new lol
posted Dec 4, 2008 at 2:36PM
loverboyintown said:
I would like to know why the books are so cool to read. I love reading about people and places. I enjoy reading about animals and people. I am a very smart and outgoing guy that love to stay focus in life. i am here to let everyone know that, the world is coming to an end.
posted Jul 10, 2008 at 4:35PM
i loved this book it was funny sad
posted Mar 8, 2008 at 5:02PM
clemi said:
I always "preread" my books before I buy them. This book has a permanent place in my home. I now have over 10,000 books in my home library. Loved it!!!!!! Great read.
posted Oct 27, 2007 at 11:58AM
Stephanie Leeper said:
I love all romance novels and books and movies. Stephanie
posted Oct 14, 2007 at 3:58PM
JulieAnn said:
Two paws up for Marley and Me! No wonder this book has been on the Best Seller list for weeks. And, a fast and fascinating read, too. Even if you’re not a dog lover, you will find a message in Grogan’s prose. Marley’s overzealous passion for life has a lesson for all of us. Just get in there and enjoy every day, every aspect of life. Thanks Marley!
posted Jun 29, 2007 at 12:52PM
mindy.yama said:
THis book is sooo sad but interesting!!!!
posted Jun 11, 2007 at 10:16AM
Jennifer L. said:
John Grogan and his wife Jenny had been married less than two years when Jenny decided that they should get a puppy. After scanning the pets for sale section of the classifieds John and Jenny go to take a look at a litter of Labrador Retrievers. They fall in love with a male puppy and purchase him. When they bring him home their years of fun and craziness begin.
posted Jun 5, 2007 at 1:32PM
BookwormBlondie said:
We just read this in my bookclub. I started the book laughing, then I was crying, then laughing again and ended in tears. This is exactly how a book should be. It will always stay with me.
posted Jun 4, 2007 at 2:13PM
kool-reader1 said:
This book is awesome for any pet lover or bookworm. It shows love and determination. And be prepared to cry! Awesome just spectacularistic!!!!!
posted May 18, 2007 at 9:33PM
Bookworm JK said:
I’ve never read it but im sure its good
posted Apr 20, 2007 at 6:23PM
boolover5000 said:
This book is truly amazing!! Marley got me into reading! Without this book I would still be in the deep pit of reading is boaring. This book was tuching and funny, I loved the whole book all the way through!!!!!
posted Oct 26, 2006 at 5:30PM
SitkaSpruce said:
Just adopted/rescued a 2-yr-old yellow lab 4 mos ago who has turned out to be a fantastic dog but cost us a few down pillows during the adjustment process. Any first-time lab owner will love the lab background, behaviors, and sentiment described in the book. Have tissues handy toward the end!
posted Oct 20, 2006 at 12:36PM
jojo7464 said:
This is an awesome book and I encourage all readers to read it. It made me cry at the end, but that does not mean it’s bad. It is one of my favorite books so far and the authors wording is just perfect. :)
posted Oct 9, 2006 at 5:57PM
Animalhousekeeper said:
Marley must be related to my dog because I found myself nodding and remembering and laughing. The author has a way with description.
posted Jun 9, 2006 at 10:39PM
Being a self-professed dog disliker, I put off reading Marley and Me until I bought it for my sister. Warning: don't be around anyone who makes fun of you when you cry for the last two chapters. What a fantastic book! What a NAUGHTY dog!!
posted May 31, 2006 at 10:49AM
Marley and Me is a delight. Although I'm a cat person, I love this book. Marley is a huge, goofy, big-hearted dog and his pure dog love for his family (and his odd ways) will touch you. I didn't expect to cry reading this but I couldn't help it. Don't miss this wonderful book about Marley written by his master.
posted May 19, 2006 at 11:15AM