home > bookspace > my comments > comment: twilight /
Twilight
Stephenie Meyer
Teen Fiction MEYER

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

Nat said:
Well then I don’t think an 11-year-old’s opinion counts but i disagree with Almeida Dessler because her writing style is good but it was made in like what 1973 so we might not know some of the words but who cares?
posted Dec 3, 2011 at 5:57PM
This book is one of the best teen books I have ever read. Although I am not one to be obsessed with vampires, I actually liked the book. I won’t comment about how terrible the movie was, but the book was excellant.
posted Nov 27, 2011 at 8:46PM
its ok.......I really dont like the way Stephine Meyer writes, other then that it was good.
posted Oct 1, 2011 at 8:09PM
i really like the twilight book <3
posted Sep 5, 2011 at 6:15PM
Heba said:
I love this story; the whole idea just keeps you on and off your toes. Its a little hard to understand, but I always love the Twilight series. Imagine being a normal girl, mixed with real vampires; eek! Recommended to all!
posted Jun 25, 2011 at 9:49PM
Heba said:
posted Jun 25, 2011 at 9:49PM
izzyJ said:
i really like the twilight books but I don't think Stephenie Meyers is a great writer, yes, her ideas are good but the way she writes them isent very good. But I am most defiantly a very loyal twifan!!!! GO TEAM JACOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
posted Jun 24, 2011 at 5:53PM
Davonn said:
I love how it shows how she loves Edward.
posted Jun 15, 2011 at 12:27PM
funny-freak :) said:
Who ever says it was terrible or horrible or just plain out bad. UR WRONG!!! ugh! its like the best ever! i love the movies! i am just wondering how they are going to make the scene where edward has to rip open bellas stomach to get the baby! its going to be cool! SWEEEEEET!
posted Aug 24, 2010 at 5:18PM
this is the beginning of Edward and Bella and the first time she almost dies and she fall's in love with Edward
posted Aug 23, 2010 at 10:37AM
ciara said:
thatwas the grates book in the world!!!
posted Aug 19, 2010 at 7:22PM
lildevil said:
i hated it.
posted Aug 10, 2010 at 6:53PM
Critic Girl said:
this book was great. i like Eclipse the best though. it was GREAT.
posted Jul 29, 2010 at 4:40PM
mnlight6 said:
This book is about Bella move to Forks Was. to live w/ her father. She meets Edward and his slibings. Thery were hidding a secret. she wants know it. Want to find out if she finds out, you loveit
posted Jul 11, 2010 at 3:37PM
RaNiyah said:
The book is about a girl named Bella who moves to Washington to live with her dad for a while. But when she starts high school in Washington,but one thing she saw, there was a group of people with pale skin and when she at that group she spots a boy! Who she starts to like a little more everyday, so as you raed on you might find out if they become boyfiend and girlfriend!
posted Jun 20, 2010 at 5:44PM
TaylorFan_#1 said:
This book is really good. Most people will like it, even if you have seen the movie.
posted Apr 19, 2010 at 6:18PM
Scarbelline said:
The Twilight Saga is the cliched rambling of a pathetic teenage girl. Meyer uses many elements from the classics (Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice, Dracula, etc.) as well as Ann Rice’s Vampire Chronicles. Almost nothing is original. Also, her writing style is grating if you’re used to reading these classics. Go read Wuthering Heights; same basic (and I mean basic) ideas, but written with more complex characters, a stronger female protagonist, more passion, and beautiful language.
posted Nov 8, 2009 at 5:00PM
Maddieluvs2read said:
Obviously Ah-mazing, but you should add cirque du freak to your list. It is a great vampire (13 book) series.
posted Nov 1, 2009 at 1:23PM
Kendra said:
Most people already know this, but in case you don't know it; the Twilight Saga is amazing! If you like drama, romance, action, or pretty much anything, you'll love these books! They make you obbessed with reading! They seem really long, but the pages go by sooo fast! Give them a try, anf I'll be you'll love them!
posted Oct 30, 2009 at 3:16PM
Kendra said:
posted Oct 30, 2009 at 3:16PM
Mohammed said:
This book is exactly like the movie. I loved it, its very exiting, and unexpected! A girl names Bella almost gets, run over by a classmate's van in the parking lot. Thats all I'm saying! Who do you think saves her? Read this book to find out!
posted Oct 29, 2009 at 12:28PM
Mohammed said:
posted Oct 29, 2009 at 12:28PM
bookworm1023 said:
Bella should turn into a vampire! That would make it even better then now!
posted Oct 24, 2009 at 4:38PM
Molly said:
This book is a thriller, love story, adventure and so much more! If you like fantesy you will love Twilight! You will love the other books too! So read it!
posted Oct 24, 2009 at 4:20PM
Molly said:
posted Oct 24, 2009 at 4:20PM
Hannah :) said:
Who Doesnt love Twilight? Seriously. Its Amazing And I think Twilight was my favourite from the series. they are all good :) I LOVE EDWARD
posted Oct 19, 2009 at 10:52AM
i Love reading & this book makes me want 2 read even more books with vampire & love stories ( as if i havent enuff of them) ha ha
posted Sep 12, 2009 at 3:30PM
funnywuzzy13 said:
Well, I love reading, and I will say that I really enjoyed this read. I am a teenage girl, so of course a book of this nature would appeal to my interests. However, I would not agree to many peoples’ responses such as
posted Sep 4, 2009 at 1:51AM
Sammi said:
it is a great book i could not put it down
posted Aug 27, 2009 at 5:30PM
Sammi said:
it is a great book i could not put it down
posted Aug 27, 2009 at 5:30PM
Few vampires have proved as irresistible as the hero of the Twilight series: smoldering, brooding, intensely hunky Edward Cullen. Twilight is the first book in a quartet that chronicles the challenges high school loner Bella Swan faces when she falls fangs-over-heels for Edward, a mysterious classmate who is also an immortal vampire. Even though theirs is a very dangerous attraction (Edward’s non-human-killing vampire family guards their secret carefully, and Bella is so appealing to Edward that he’s in constant danger of losing control and eating her), it’s Love At First Sight. Their love is continually tested by well-intentioned humans, desperate vampires, and a love-triangle threat in the shape of young Jacob. Jacob’s personality seems as sunny as Edward’s is moody—but he’s got a dark shape-shifting secret of his own and an increasingly important role to play in Bella’s life. Ultimately, despite the vampires and otherworldly creatures that haunt the Twilight saga, the series is Classic Romance all the way: two young lovers must fight against all odds to stay together. It’s a dark, twisted, intense courtship but still, fans of paranormal relationships have sunk their teeth into Twilight and its fellow books with an obsession that transcends mere trendiness. To readers who dearly love a good interspecies romance, Edward and Bella’s is one for the ages.
posted Aug 23, 2009 at 9:13PM
Evie said:
I know you all have probably read this but I have to say this is my all time favorite book ever! Actually, though, I think this might run neck-and-neck with "Breaking Dawn" (also by Stephanie Meyer)! I LOVE THIS BOOK!
posted Aug 4, 2009 at 2:46PM
faliza said:
that is not true!its a great book!but the whole series is small!but love it soooooooo much!its one of the best books i have ever read!!!!!! -reading rocks
posted Aug 1, 2009 at 4:47AM
Catherine said:
I though this book was awful! There was absolutely no action and I didn't like Bella or Edward's personalities. Don't waste your time with this book.
posted Jul 26, 2009 at 10:10AM
Catherine said:
posted Jul 26, 2009 at 10:10AM
Emily said:
"Twilight" was the most fabulous and gripping book ever to grace my eyes. Exciting with twists and turns, it left me speachless and anticipating the next book.
posted Jul 20, 2009 at 9:31AM
Emily said:
posted Jul 20, 2009 at 9:31AM
Holly said:
Twilight is the book that inspired me to read. Before I read Twilight I used to hate to read, but now I love reading, its what i'm always doing. I read the first page and I new that I would love this book, and I do! After I started reading Twilight I couldn't stop.This book is absolutely the best book that I have ever read! P.S. GO TEAM JACOB!!!! :)
posted Jul 11, 2009 at 11:58AM
Holly said:
posted Jul 11, 2009 at 11:58AM
Beth said:
This was a really great book! I can see why so many people like it so much. The whole series is wonderful, and I think Stephanie Meyer is an outstanding author. I would recommend this book to all my friends.
posted Jul 8, 2009 at 11:43AM
Beth said:
posted Jul 8, 2009 at 11:43AM
Allie said:
A great vampire book.
posted Jul 6, 2009 at 2:53PM
Allie said:
A great vampire book.
posted Jul 6, 2009 at 2:53PM
Ingrid said:
Im sure everyone knows what twilight is about by now, so i will just say that it is one of my absolute favorite books of all time! I've read it about three or four times and it still just as good as the first time i read it. It is such an amazing love story and the way stephanie writes is awesome. Read it!!!!
posted Jun 24, 2009 at 7:31PM
Ingrid said:
posted Jun 24, 2009 at 7:31PM
Carol said:
This is one of the greatest books ever :) It's an awesome book that's so good you'll want to read the whole series all at once!
posted Jun 23, 2009 at 3:48PM
Carol said:
posted Jun 23, 2009 at 3:48PM
71972306LLmoonbug11 said:
Loved the movie, but the book is so much better!
posted Jun 17, 2009 at 12:07PM
Can’t remember if I commented on this....The movie is very popular with all of my lady friends though...
posted Jun 14, 2009 at 12:59PM
mne said:
OMG best book i ever besides braking dawn all my friends have to read this book i read it in 4 days be warned once u pick up this book u will not be able to put it down
posted Jun 13, 2009 at 8:35PM
TwiightLvr123 said:
i LOVEx10000000 this book! its amazing! the whole series is really good! ive read them soooo many times!!! Breaking dawn is the BEST!!!! I LOVEx10000000 Edward Cullen!!! he is sooo hot!
posted Jun 12, 2009 at 1:17PM
This book roxs if you want to be smart read it
posted Jun 10, 2009 at 12:07PM
Nessiecob said:
Not well-written, but good characters and story
posted Jun 2, 2009 at 2:51PM
im really inlove with edward cullen after i read this!!!!!
posted May 31, 2009 at 3:59AM
Shelby said:
I was speechless after I read this. It was like Bella Swan (the main girl in the book) was standing right next to you, then Edward Cullen was right there when you read by him. ANY GIRL 10 OR OVER SHOULD READ THIS! YOU CAN'T PUT IT DOWN!
posted May 22, 2009 at 10:20PM
Shelby said:
posted May 22, 2009 at 10:20PM
Vampfreak said:
Before i even read the Twilight series i could never read and thought it was soooo boring to read! The truth is i never really gave reading a chance until i heard about Twilight! My friends dared me to and i did it! I found myself being addicted to the book! Now i love to read all because of a simple dare! The best book to start off with is the twilight book if you’re a female teen who likes hot vamps!!Twilight rocked my world!!!!
posted May 13, 2009 at 9:33PM
Yokuie said:
I wanted to read this book because alot of people say that it was good so i borrowed it from my libarian. and when finished it i couldn’t stop. on the second day i bought new moon.right now i’m on eclipse it’s really good i’m planning to buy breaking dawn too. i love the twilight saga!
posted May 13, 2009 at 9:04PM
For one, I usually don’t read Vampire books at all. but when my friends made me read it.... I fell in love with the book and the reat of the Saga. you my friend NEED TO READ THIS BOOK. Warning, if you start you can’t finish, so read when there isn’t much going on for the next few days. READ TWILIGHT!!!!!
posted Apr 24, 2009 at 3:19PM
tWiLgHt said:
YOU MUST READ THIS!!! my friend made me read it even before it became popular and now i am obsessed!!!...but beware because if you read it you are in danger of becoming as addicted as i am..(as in memorizing, like, the whole book)
posted Apr 9, 2009 at 5:31PM
Kenda said:
This is an amazing story based upon the love of a vampire and a human and there struggle to stay together. This book is a heart warming story that will have you laughing out loud and crying at other times. It is a must read for girls!!! Ages: 12-100
posted Apr 5, 2009 at 2:39PM
I love twilight It like the best book ever! how could you not like it? Oh course i havnt read Echilps yet or breaking Dawn....
posted Feb 20, 2009 at 7:05PM
I agree, it was copied but it doesn’t mean the book sucked. Wat r u thinking? How far did u get in the booka anyways?
posted Feb 1, 2009 at 3:27PM
I’ve read 250 pages of Twilight, and I still don’t understand what the plot is. Other than, of course, Bella Swan (Beautiful Swan) describing how absolutely amazing and perfect and beautiful Edward Cullen is in about, what? 50 different ways? Which leads me to another point: Edward is so strikingly awesome and dazzling that Bella begins to fall for him the moment she lays her eyes on him, despite the face she has about another five guys chasing after her (which I will speak of later). And then, Edward falls for Bella too, but the ’relationship’ he maintains with her is... Odd to say the least. Unless, of course, you think that while you’re sleeping, your boyfriend breaks into your house and watches you sleep is sweet. Oh, and he continuously warns Bella that she should stay away from him, but contradicts himself one paragraph later when he drapes himself all over her again. And let’s talk about another thing: his personality. He has gone through more mood swings in one hour than a girl does during PMS. He’ll be angry and irritated at Bella, and the next moment, he’s sweeping her into his arms and making-out with her. Bipolar much? But, of course, Bella finds this very sweet and endearing, yes, including his stalker-ish tendencies, because they are just SOOO IN LOVE! Did I mention that Edward sparkles in the sunlight? And he drinks animal blood ’cause he’s just so kind that he won’t drink human blood. That completely ruins the entire aspect of vampires! I could write a novel on this, but let’s follow up with the protagonist of this series, shall we? Bella Swan: Moves to Forks to live with her dad who she hates and only calls by his first name because he divorced her mother. Right off the bat, huh? Don’t like her so much. She goes to school, mumbling about how bad her life is going to be and how she’s so normal and average and, oh, what’s that?! A guy named Mike decides to help her out and show her to her next class. What does she say about him? That he’s got oily hair and skin and looks like a Chess-club type. Oookay, Bella. Condescending much? Then, at lunch, she goes sit with the popular girls ’cause she’s just so normal and average, and she lays her eyes on OMG! Surprise, surprise! Edward Cullen and his beautiful siblings! And she starts to get a crush on him! And then, Edward leaves and Bella gets depressed. What?! Excuse me, woman! You only saw him for, what? 15 minutes and you don’t know anything about him except for what your ’friend’ tells you. Okay, then Edward gets back and Bella’s all happy again. Then, she almost gets run over by a car. And Edward saves her and she has to go to the ER and she finds out that the whole school is out there waiting for her! And she’s just so embarassed and mad that they’re out there. They’re being considerate! Not that I see why they are, seeing as she’s only gone to the school for about 2 weeks. And the guy who almost ran her over wants to apologize, but she just wants him to drop it. From what you see here: Bella is a selfish and stuck-up teenager. But, in everyone else’s eyes, she’s a queen. Perfect, except her her clumsiness, which leads her into trouble and then, Edward saves her. Again and again and again. She’s not a heroine, she’s a damsel in distress! If I had the time and space, I’d keep going on with this, but, unfortunately, I don’t. Third: the writing. Okay, it’s not bad, but it ain’t spectacular either. Meyer’s writing does not reflect what a high school student might be thinking. For example: scintillating. Okay, so I’m not SPECTACULAR at vocabulary, but I pride myself in having some good words at my disposition. But the word ’scintillating?’ I don’t think I’ve even seen it in an encyclopedia. Futhermore, she uses the words ’marble’ and ’amber’ too much. Both, to describe Edward’s looks. And should I mention (again) I haven’t seen any clear plot besides the development of romance (and contradictions) between Bella and Edward. Okay, I’ll stop here before this post takes up the entire page.
posted Jan 27, 2009 at 11:23PM
elizabeths said:
That’s fine if you don’t want to read it, but it’s really not all that bad. It’s fun to read, although Bella could use some street smarts and equilibrium.
posted Jan 9, 2009 at 10:58AM
ok this book is not worth reading. i havent even read it and i say it sucks. I would not read it if i were you. I mean the first thought is vampire HELLO!!! vampire ewwwwwwwww!!. And edward is not cute (no offence to you ppl but EWWW) i bet Stephenie Meyer is a good author but still it buts a bunch of crap in you head
posted Jan 5, 2009 at 10:18PM
i have not read it and never plan to. its not worth reading your just wasting your time. no offence to the ppl who like it
posted Jan 5, 2009 at 9:59PM
Amazing. Great. Fabulous. Intriging. Interesting. Lovable. Happy. Fantastic.
posted Dec 28, 2008 at 1:10PM
i<3edward said:
this book is amazing!!! i fell in luv with edward!!! even tho i have a bf! it drives him crazy when i say that edward is the best in the world! im SOOO upsessed with twilight!!!its almost impossible
posted Dec 26, 2008 at 3:20PM
mlschmidt said:
Not just a book for teenagers...it is such a great and intense series. If you love Harry Potter, this is just as good but with romance.
posted Dec 21, 2008 at 11:42PM
mrs.edward cullen said:
hahahahahaahahahahahahahah!!!!!! to all u losers because i am going to marry edward cullen!! what now.
posted Dec 16, 2008 at 5:48PM
mrs.edward cullen said:
i love this book!!!!! OMFG!can u belive how amazing and intense it is!!! its my numba 1 book eva! i am going to marry edmard cullen!
posted Dec 16, 2008 at 5:45PM
this is an ananzing book1 my fav, out of all four!it is exciting,dramtic,it just pulls you in, its a book that you cant put down, even if you want too!
posted Dec 1, 2008 at 1:35PM
pa said:
I love this book so much I couldn’t stop reading it it’s the best book ever!!!! I would HIGHLY recomend this book
posted Nov 30, 2008 at 1:54PM
charms09200 said:
This book is one of the Romeo and Juliet stories available. It is a fast paced, page turner. It is about finding ones self amids the danger of haning out with...you guessed it, vampires. The thing I really enjoyed about the book is the characters. They seem real, and three dimentional. I could easily relate to anyone of them. What makes this all the better is the love between the characters in the book. If you have not read this book, you should.
posted Nov 28, 2008 at 5:12PM
This Is one of the two of my favorite books in the whole world! It is a thrilling book for all ages. I would HIghly reccomend this book to a friend, or anyone really.
posted Nov 27, 2008 at 8:46AM
JainaSolo1 said:
Look, Bella&Edward, I think I can say what I like on this comment page. It’s a COMMENT page for crying out loud! HELLO! Besides, you just said that you thought they were weird at first. If that’s what you thought, then why on earth did you actually decide to read those books in the first place??? I mean, come on! Do you actually believe in vampires? No. Duh. They don’t exist! So why read about something that’s totally evil (and does not exist) just because it’s some disgusting romance? No offense, but if I ever was given those books for my birthday, I’d rip them up, page by page, and throw the whole thing out. A much better place for that vile stuff! I’m glad that I’ve never read that junk. Then my mind is not filled with vampires!
posted Nov 25, 2008 at 7:45AM
elmorawks2 said:
I havent read this book yet. Should? I have it in my backpack and im about to read but now my english teacher wants it back! And there arent any copies available at libraries becuz there is to long of a waiting list. what should i do?? hElp
posted Nov 24, 2008 at 7:57PM
cool kylie said:
OMG!this was the best book.it does not have FLAWS.if somebody gave me 1,000 dollers to give it to them i wold NOT!!!!!!!!
posted Nov 24, 2008 at 3:02PM
bella&edward said:
OMG! Jaina solo1 If u didnt read ANY of the books then how do u no if u hate it. I used to think it must have been a wierd book but the i read it, and now i’m a fan. You shouldent comment if u didnt read it. DUH!
posted Nov 24, 2008 at 1:43PM
JainaSolo1 said:
In a word: BLECH! I can’t believe you all actually read that disgusting series! I, for one, will hate it until I die, even though I’ve never read any of them. HELLO! bring you all back to reality: vampires don’t exist. never will. Besides, they’re evil!!! DUH!!!!!! And all you Christians out there who have read it, I feel sorry for you. You (all) have been sucked into the trap of Satan.
posted Nov 23, 2008 at 7:22PM
bella&edward said:
Yamikouu I’m not argueing you but the book doesnt have ANY flaws. You made half that stuff up. Oh wow you read 250 pages when I read 498. The book rocks and I wouldent burn it if i got paid to do it. KEEP YOUR "BAD" OPIONS TO YOURSELF!
posted Nov 23, 2008 at 5:33PM
bella&edward said:
Twilight is the best book ever! People who don’t like Twilight I’m not gonna argue with you but the book is AWESOME! Ever since I read the first chapter I thought it was the best book ever written. Thank you Stephenie Meyer for writing such a excellent book!
posted Nov 23, 2008 at 5:23PM
vampiredw said:
yamikouu666 does have a point. twilight does have it’s flaws and i for one wouldn’t want my boyfriend watching me sleep cause that’s just weird. but everybook does have it’s flaws. yamikouu666 name one book that doesn’t have flaws. can’t think of one rite? books are aloud to not make sense, use ure imagination! and i thgt twilight was an awesome book and movie. it’s been awhile since an author’s came out with a teen romance thriller book. but yamikouu i know that we are entitled to our own opinions about the book and i’m not saying that u have to love the book or even like it but don’t b so negative about the book. TWILIGHT ROCKS!
posted Nov 23, 2008 at 12:47PM
xtina210 said:
k so i have never read a book this amazinggg! first i thought everyone was just obsessing over a dumb book thats a gazillion pages, then i read it. it was the best book i ever read. for three days i laid in my bed and read twilight like it was going to disapear, i seriously had no life and i didnt want to have one as long as i had the book, it was actually really sad. you HAVE to read it, seriously the twilight series completed my life.
posted Nov 18, 2008 at 7:11PM
This book was okay....it was kinda badly written, i guess. Its not as horrible as that other person wrote about, but the "you shouldnt hang out with me" and "lets make out" mood swings with Edward is like....WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH HIM!!!!!!
posted Nov 18, 2008 at 4:07PM
Wuhdup said:
twilight is basically the best book ever . movie comes out soooonnn ! sooo excited (:
posted Nov 17, 2008 at 4:23PM
farme boy said:
THIS BOOK IS AWSOME
posted Nov 13, 2008 at 10:48AM
this book was awesome. i read it in 3 days and i almost never read. if u havnt read it... what are you waiting for? :)
posted Nov 11, 2008 at 5:25PM
shelby said:
this book is AMAZINGG, i loved it:)
posted Oct 29, 2008 at 7:52AM
Kenda said:
This is an amazing story based upon the love of a vampire and a werewolf and there struggle to stay together. This book is a heart warming story that will have you laughing out loud and crying at other times. It is a must read for girls!!! Ages: 12-100
posted Oct 14, 2008 at 3:45PM
Kenda said:
Thisis a amazing story based upon the love of a vampire and a werewolf and there struggle to stay together. This book is a heart warming story that will have you laughing out loud and crying at other times. It is a must read for girls!!! Ages: 12-100
posted Oct 13, 2008 at 5:14PM
Howe said:
This is by far the best book i have ever read. Very easy to understand and relatable. Romance/ supernatural, i would read the book before seeing the movie! the movie doesnt mean anything if you havent connected already with the book.
posted Oct 8, 2008 at 10:04PM
bookwormgirl422 said:
the best book ever. I read this book in only 2 days and now since i am so obsessed i am doing a book report on it, and I am going to the midnight premeire with my friends. I still have to read New Moon but I know it is going to be just as good as Twilight!
posted Oct 5, 2008 at 8:42AM
Twilight sounds like a creepy, [in my opinion] demonic book. ~Eletha
posted Sep 30, 2008 at 8:24PM
this is a really good book. it draws you in so you cant stop reading. anyone who sees this book cover should know to read the book!
posted Sep 28, 2008 at 10:23AM
Lola said:
Best. Book. Ever (along with the rest of Stephenie Meyer's books- The Host included).
posted Aug 26, 2008 at 5:29PM
Meme Jones said:
Fell in love with this series starting with this book!
posted Aug 25, 2008 at 2:37PM
spydergirl said:
AH-MAZ-ING. i own all four, plus the Host, and hardcovers aren’t cheap these days. Edward could kick Harry Potter’s butt any time. no offense meant to harry potter fans. translation: READ IT. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. i could probably could have strangled Bella several times in these books, tho.
posted Aug 24, 2008 at 5:44PM
FanOfHumanity said:
To tell you the truth, I didn’t like this book at all. The plot was very predictable to me. I believe this book was an act of serendipity. I’ll burn it out of my memory.
posted Aug 24, 2008 at 3:01PM