home > bookspace > my comments > comment: dairy queen : a novel /
Dairy queen : a novel
Catherine Gilbert Murdock
Teen Fiction MURDOCK

Avatar for Maple Grove Library Maple Grove Library said:
A farm girl in Wisconsin wants to play football.
posted Oct 25, 2013 at 9:24AM
ej-joe13 said:
FOOTBALL!!!!!!
posted Jun 7, 2013 at 10:11AM
ej-joe13 said:
YO im a tom boy too,and ya know what this book was the BEST!GO FOOTBALL!
posted Jun 5, 2013 at 10:28AM
First Book, second is The Off Season and the last one is Front And Center.
posted Dec 17, 2010 at 5:35PM
cheeseeater said:
this book is so good! it makes you realize that you can do anything you set you mind to doing!Im excited to read the sequal!
posted Jun 5, 2010 at 10:01AM
dutchess said:
I am a girl so I never liked football because, you know, girl never get to play it. I thought it was just a guy thing and since I am girl I should not bother. But now I am a huge football fan because of this book. Dairy queen is written from athlete’s prespective and is an awesome book for people who is not really into it. It makes people appreciate athlete , their talent and effort.
posted Mar 1, 2010 at 5:29PM
Juvenile fiction but who cares! It's a great read about a strong, independent girl.
posted Jun 30, 2008 at 4:19PM
Hula17 said:
This was a fabulous book. It seemed so real and I couldn’t set it down, I’m so excited to read the sequel, The Off Season. I strongly recommend Dairy Queen to any teenage girls, but any one could really enjoy it.
posted Aug 22, 2007 at 1:40PM
picc06 said:
This book is amazing. It's funny in a way but also very real. I loved it and maybe you will to.
posted Jul 23, 2007 at 1:45PM
mikayla said:
this is really good book. It is about a girl Who lives on a farm in wisconsin. She has work hard for her whole except she has worked harder in the last 8 months, because her dad had surgery. she decided that she is going to try out for the football!!!!
posted Jun 11, 2007 at 5:47PM
mikayla said:
posted Jun 11, 2007 at 5:47PM

related book list

main characters D.J. Schwenk
Father broke his hip; Does most of the work on the farm since her father broke his hip; her two older brothers are away at college; tries out for her school's football team; has a crush on Brian, the rival school's star quarterback; agrees to help train Brian for the football season.
Student

Brian Nelson
Helping D.J. out on her family's farm; secretly training with D.J. for the football season; star quarterback on the rival team.
Student