home > bookspace > my comments > comment: life as we knew it /
Life as we knew it
Susan Beth Pfeffer
Teen Fiction PFEFFER

Avatar for Maple Grove Library Maple Grove Library said:
Written in the form of a journal, this book recounts the struggle for survival after an asteroid strike.
posted Oct 25, 2013 at 9:06AM
$h00t1ng$t@r said:
Life as we knew it is about a girl named Miranda who keeps a journal and writes about life after a meteor hits the moon, resulting in strange natural disasters. I like Life as we knew it because there aren't many books that I've read on natural disasters that was as good as this one!
posted Aug 6, 2013 at 11:51AM
RavenousReader said:
Genre: Realistic Fiction My Rating: 4 and a half out of 5 Once again, "Life as we knew it" is another one of those unique books. I have not read many books that involve natural disasters, but I can tell that this is one of the better ones. I enjoyed the use of first person perspective and that the fact that the characters weren't perfect and didn't always get what they wanted. I think that I would recommend this book to almost any avid reader! It's a great story!
posted Jul 6, 2013 at 10:10AM
writerbot1000 said:
This book is about the classic question-will the world really end? It doesn’t answer this question but it does answer ones about this family going through hardships and trying to survive each other as well as the world outside of their world.
posted Jun 8, 2013 at 10:29AM
Alexandra said:
I couldn't stop reading it!
posted Aug 8, 2012 at 12:41PM
yoyo11 said:
Once I started reading this book I could not set it down!
posted Jul 2, 2011 at 8:45AM
i love it alot but its kinda scary and it sorta freaked me out. i dont like how the ending was like so sudden. i mean, i was like what?? how is that possible?? ya . . .it was okay
posted Jun 23, 2010 at 3:56PM
kind of boring and took a long time to finish but it was worth it in the end.
posted Mar 22, 2010 at 9:10PM
I love this book f u think it’s gunna be the end of the world with this snow... think again! This book tells u about a girl & her family & the world going the a Very close call to the end of the world because the moon was off kilter. The book is said in a diary for and i think this is an amazing book, it makes u think, and realize wat you have. I recommend u read it & soon! xD 8P
posted Dec 25, 2009 at 11:03AM
Jude_Rosenberg said:
The Moon is hit by an asteroid and now everything is thrown out of whack. This is Miranda's diary.
posted Jul 2, 2009 at 10:11AM
EPGirl said:
Super awesome book. One of my favorites. It takes a little while to come out of it when you read it the first time. I had to go check the fridge to make sure we weren’t running out of food. Very good and very addicting.
posted May 22, 2009 at 5:10PM
Carebearolyn said:
I thought that this book was okay until I read the ending. I think that any author can create characters and a conflict. In this book there was no resolution, and to me that just killed the story. Due to the fact that there was no resolution, I thought the rest had less meaning.
posted Apr 6, 2009 at 4:51PM
kb4444 said:
This book is basically about the end of the world but that's not all... It portrays the strength of the characters to stick together during the worst of times which I thought was the strongest aspect of the story...very good book
posted Mar 27, 2009 at 3:29PM
Avatar for Eden Prairie Library Staff Eden Prairie Library Staff said:
Pfeffer's tale of a family and their suburb's response when an asteroid hits the moon, knocking it closer to Earth and resulting in a wave of natural disasters and food shortages, had some of us on the Eden Prairie staff taking notes, it was so realistic. Marketed as a YA book, but will also appeal to adult readers.
posted Nov 8, 2008 at 1:08PM
Lola said:
Ohhh so good. Had me thinking about it for days. Don't read it if you don't want to think- and don't read it when the weather is bad... :)
posted Aug 26, 2008 at 5:31PM
whoo this is kind of a dipressing book! but i really liked it anywhays. tthey struggle to survive. very on-the-edge-of-your-seats-kind of book
posted Jun 20, 2008 at 8:37PM
smileyface112 said:
This is possibly one of the best books I have ever read. Even though it's in the sci fi category, it's very realistic. No aliens or anything, just a really good story of survival in unexpected circumstances.
posted Jun 16, 2008 at 10:39AM
Books You Have To Read said:
After the moon comes nearer to Earth, life becomes a struggle to survive. Very close to today.
posted May 25, 2008 at 9:39AM