home > bookspace > my comments > comment: hatchet /
Hatchet
Gary Paulsen
Teen Fiction PAULSEN

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

long lake library staff said:
The story of a young man, lost in the wilderness and his struggle to survive. Very realistic and compelling. While lost in the woods, he finds himself and realizes what he can do. Coming of Age story meets Man vs. Nature survival plot. Very good. I really liked this book.
posted Aug 19, 2013 at 7:44PM
Avatar for becomethecatalyst becomethecatalyst said:
I remember really hating this book and finding it extremley boring. Don't read it!!!
posted Feb 29, 2012 at 2:06PM
simpely it is a masterpiece i loved the story
posted Oct 12, 2010 at 5:25PM
Tyler said:
I liked the book Hatchet because it was all about survival. In the story there was a boy named Brian and he was very smart because he was surviving in the wild for days and days.I liked how Brian uses what he has.
posted Mar 16, 2010 at 3:34PM
Tyler said:
posted Mar 16, 2010 at 3:34PM
A quick read about a teenage boy alone in the winter wilderness with only a hatchet to help him survive.
posted Jan 15, 2009 at 10:51AM
Prasanna said:
This book was the bomb! i have always loved Gary Paulsen's way of writing! He makes everything come alive! I would DEFINITLY suggest this book to ANYONE! You'll NEVER want to put it down, and it never gets boring to read it again and again!
posted Jun 8, 2008 at 2:51PM
olivia said:
It is filled with many wonders and surprises
posted Mar 1, 2008 at 4:37PM
olivia said:
It is filled with many wonders and surprises
posted Mar 1, 2008 at 4:37PM
djtopp3 said:
I am totally going to read this book
posted Jan 27, 2008 at 6:52PM
Rob said:
it's a really good book. my favoate part is when the pilot die. it's about ryan stranded in a forest. it is some times a litle scary but it's its really a good book. I recomend it to 2nd grade 108 years old. the author's a really good writer so check it out TODAY!!
posted Sep 12, 2007 at 5:29PM
Rob said:
posted Sep 12, 2007 at 5:29PM
Tripp said:
i rated this 5 star because Brian finds a way to survive without almost anything. i really like creativity so thats why I liked this book
posted Jun 5, 2007 at 3:32PM
Andrew said:
It was very interesting.The book got better on every page.
posted Aug 7, 2006 at 12:03PM
Andrew said:
It was very interesting.The book got better on every page.
posted Aug 7, 2006 at 12:03PM
Kasandra said:
I thought this book was really good. Its about a boy who is riding a plane to go and see his dad (his parent are divorced) and the plane crashes because the pilot has a heart attack. So now Brian is forced to live in the WILDERNESS for 54 days.
posted Jul 6, 2006 at 12:46PM
David said:
This book is a great adventure story that takes place in the Canadian wilderness. Brian is a brave boy who gets stuvk in the forest becuase his pilot had a hart attack while driving the plain.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Josh said:
Awsome book about the survival of Brian Robeson. His plane crashes and he is forced to live in the wilderness.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Hannah said:
My teacher read this to our class and it really was good. You just wanted to go and help him and find out new ways to survive. We saw the movie later and the book, (in my percpective) was way better.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
taylor said:
this is a book about a boy whos plane driverhas a heart attack so he crashes in the middle of the canadian forests.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Matt said:
If you like the outdoors this is the book for you. It was so hard to drop, all the free time I had, I spent reading the book. I highly recommend reading this book.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Nick said:
This Book was very good. This book was one of my favorite books. I liked the character, Brian. He was very brave.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Samantha said:
I loved this book so much it helped me like reading more now i read all the time. Brian is so brave i think if i was him I might have died out there with nothing at all but a hatchet. I am going to read the rest of the books about brian.I cant wait.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Adam said:
It was an excitting adventure book. I like nature so I thought it was a good book.
posted Nov 8, 2005 at 10:27AM
Brent said:
The book was really exciting. Gary Paulsen does a good job of explaining the details of what is going on in the story. The main character Brian is going to visit his Dad and you will never guess what happens next.
posted Nov 5, 2004 at 11:25AM
John said:
I personal think that this book was of the best books ive ever read, it had great decripting of the setting and the charactors feelings. It also gave me knowlage of the wilderness and now if i was ever stranded in the woods i would know what to do if i needed to live, i got the knowlage from gary.
posted Oct 15, 2004
Jamin said:
I think this book is a very good five star book it is a good adventure story. I think this is a good book because it is action packed with survival, and hunting. If you like that type of stuff, get your nose in that book and read away! I promise you that you would like this book if you read it. If you don't want to, then peek into some other of Gary Paulson's greatest, now!
posted May 26, 2004 at 12:59PM
jeffrey said:
this book is a good book because it's filled with excitement, and adventure. If you like that kind of book then I'd read this. It is exciting because you can imagine what it would be like before it happens.
posted May 26, 2004 at 12:58PM
Britta said:
I think this was a good book because it was so exiting it made you want to read more and more. So it is a good thing that there are more books after this book. My favorite part was when Brian found the survival pack and also when the pilot found him.
posted May 26, 2004 at 12:48PM
Maria said:
An interesting book. Portraying the survival skills of a teenage boys. But with the gross-ness of reality t.v. shows like fear factor and road rules.