home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the face on the milk carton /
The face on the milk carton
Cooney, Caroline B.
Teen Fiction COONEY

Claire B said:
The book was pretty good. It had some romance and suspence, but I think the author could have done better. It does get a little boring in the middle but at the end you are like
posted Sep 1, 2009 at 8:32PM
Mikayla said:
This book is VERY GOOD for teen girls. This a mystery and love story intertwined to make a wonderful story! It is very well written and I enjoy many books by this author.
posted Jun 6, 2009 at 9:42AM
Mikayla said:
posted Jun 6, 2009 at 9:42AM
musicluverrr said:
This series looks kinda stupid but it's actually really good. there's some romance, too!
posted May 27, 2009 at 4:36PM
SJ said:
The story line and characters grabbed me right away and I read the book straight through. As a teenager, who doesn’t at some time wonder if their alien parents could really be related to them!
posted May 21, 2009 at 1:10PM
HOLAGURRL said:
This is a good storyline, and it is unfortunate that this author wrote it the way she did. Someone else should’ve written this book, and it would’ve been much better because the author drags on, and I quickly lose interest because I DON’T CARE! This is written BIZZARE way.
posted Jul 1, 2008 at 9:13PM
Inshehar K. said:
What a mysterious book! It’s about a teen-age girl who’s drinking out of a carton of milk and notices a picture of a young girl in a polka dotted dress. Usually where she lives they put pictures of missing children on milk cartons. So she reads the information, like the name and address, and realizes that that’s her on the carton! She goes to investigate in her attic to see if she can find any clues. What else does she find, but a piece of the polka dotted dress she was wearing on the carton! The author did an amazing job of putting description words, to make you actually feel the emotion the characters are going through. I would recommend this book to anybody to loves a good mystery and a scary read!
posted Feb 27, 2007 at 10:19PM
DarknDas said:
If my friend wouldn’t of picked it up, I never would of looked twice at it. It starts out kind of slow, but after a while it gets a lot better. You’ll fall in love with the characters, especially Reeve. It has some romance, but nothing you can’t handle. One of the best books that I have ever read is this one.
posted Dec 18, 2006 at 5:09PM
frenchie0017 said:
Ashley, that is exactly what my friend did. i always walked right passed that book,but one day my friend told me that her brother and sister had read it and said that it was really good.i decided why not?why not just try it.after that i was hooked!i didnt read the second right away but i just did and now i am on the third!then right away i am starting on the 4Th
posted Nov 15, 2006 at 3:20PM
zoe said:
It was pretty good. I like mystery. if you like adventure and fun ,this is the book for you. [Sequel: Whatever Happened to Janie]
posted Jun 1, 2005 at 5:06PM
Olivia said:
I liked it because it was adventurous, but not too much. [Sequel: Whatever Happened to Janie]
posted Aug 10, 2004
Scotti said:
It was suspenceful and thrilling. The girl was always having to deal with more problems about having two families and was depending on Reeve to help. The folowing sequels are a must read right after the first book!
posted Jul 12, 2004
grace said:
I think the face on the milk carton is great book. I had a good time reading it. It is an exciting, mysterious, and spine tingling book. Janie has an amazing past, but I would not want to switch lives with her. It seemed like she was always worrying about the milk carton. I think it was a good book, although its probably because I was not in Janie's shoes.
posted May 26, 2004 at 1:04PM
Gretchen said:
I thought this was great, it was a page turner. I recommend it to all of my friends(and that's a lot)and they all liked it. Oh and it;s in a series and they are all good, but the first one id the best. [Sequel: Whatever Happened to Janie]
Dani said:
I thought it was very gripping, it kept me up late at night because I wanted to know what would happen! I also thought that it seemed like it could happen.
Angel said:
I really liked it. It was one of the great books of the time. I'm a speed reader, and i read it in 20 minutes, but it was so good that i keep rereading it. I would say she should write books until she decides to retire, wich i hope is never!
Ashley said:
this book was awesome janie johnson glanced at a milk carton and reconized it was her.she didnt want to believe that her parents would kiddnap her. she wants to know who are her real parents. this book relates to things that happen everyday and those are the kinds of books everyone should read at least once.
Ashley said:
I ABSOLUTLEY loved this book! My friend Dana actually showed me this book at the school library. It is an absolute page turner. I have read all of the sequels and wish there were more!
Bansari said:
it is really good read the sequals as well the =y are great!! i am on the 4 one the last book!
Melissa said:
I really enjoyed this book. After a while I figured out that Heather had stolen Janie Spring and then given her to her parents. It left me hanging, but I guess that's what sequals are for! [Sequel: Whatever Happened to Janie]
Natalie said:
This is one of the most interesting book I have ever read! It had twists in it that I would have never thought!