home > bookspace > my comments > comment: go ask alice /
Go ask Alice
Sparks, Beatrice.
Teen Fiction GO

Comments  Summary  Excerpt

Avatar for becomethecatalyst becomethecatalyst said:
A Book I believe every teen must read at least once.
posted Apr 7, 2011 at 11:23PM
chicagojane said:
LOVE IT!
posted Jul 23, 2007 at 7:14PM
Lyndsey said:
I liked this book very much. It was a good book and I think it teaches a good lesson. It teaches you about the affects of drugs and how they can run your life. I would reccomend for ages 13- adult.
posted Jul 29, 2006 at 2:00PM
~Charmaine F~ said:
I love this book so much.It showed me the results of drugs.This book showes that no drugs will get you out of lifes problems.I am happy to say that I read this book cause If I didnt who knows I could of been hooked by now.
posted Jul 19, 2006 at 8:42PM
Michelle said:
I loved this book. It taught me not to do drugs and what could happen. Now I help my friends with drug problems and I live my life different from before i read that book. A book about a drug user and all her difficulties and trials through all of the pain, heart break, love, joy, depression, and hope she survives. She writes down everything she wants and thrives on it.
posted Apr 13, 2005
Cyn said:
I think this book was a very moving and disturbing eye opener of how a persons drug life really is. It really opens your eyes to the world of a drug user. I reccomend it to readers who are looking to get into drugs or trying to get out of them. It will most likly get you out of thinkin there good, give hope.
posted Mar 23, 2005
Ashley said:
I really liked this book because everytime you thought she was done taking drugs and what not, she just started again. It was sad, but it made you want to keep reading.
posted Oct 6, 2004
Galina said:
This book follows a diary of a teenage girl during the 60's. This is a REAL journal of Alice struggling with drug problems and school pressure. Starting drugs accidentaly she becomes and addict quickly, running away from home several times and in the process getting abused and manipulated by strangers. She tries more than once to make her life better and towards the end of the book, her family's support and spending several months at a rehabilitation center, she decides to stop everything self destructed and make something of her life. Two weeks after she finishes the diary, another tragedy happens. Read to find out. A wonderful book that shows the dangers of drugs and how easily bent to manipulation people can be. It's a very intense book, but it makes you think about your life's values...
posted Jun 3, 2004
Erica said:
This book was truelly touching. It's the actual diary of a teen drug addict. I'm obviously not going to tell you what happens, but it was so sad yet so wonderful. ahhh! it's so hard not to say what happens.
posted Jun 2, 2004
Stephanie said:
I think that this book is the best book that could ever be writin. It has changed my whole life on how drugs are used and it has made me relize that I can do so much better with my life. I think that any one and every one should read it and you'll find out just how i did that people can do so much better with out drugs in here life.
Maren said:
I hated this book. It wasn't even well written, and it was very disturbing. I do NOT recommend it to anyone and I hope people can find better literature than this that have to do with teenage struggles.
Jenny said:
I think that this was an excellent read. It gives the life of drug addiction a cruel and harsh look at a teenagers life with drugs. It shows what "alice" has to give up to feed into this addiction she can't break. I think that this would be a good recommended book for all ages. It teaches teenagers what to be thankful for and it gives adults a look at what teenagers today are dealing with.
Kady said:
I thought this book was very good and I couldnt put it down until I finished it. It's about Alice who has a wonderful life but then she has to move away. She meets some new friends at her Gramas house. They lead her into the drug world and its wonderful for awhile. She starts learning the true meaning of addiction and quits the drugs but it wasnt that easy. Its a great book but I would recommend it to someone alittle older than me because of the discription of everything and of the things that happen to her. I loved it!
Emily said:
i think this is a really good book. it is interesting and i say anyone who likes books that have reall teen problems would like this book.