home > bookspace > my comments > comment: princess academy /
Princess Academy
Shannon Hale
Children's Fiction HALE

$h00t1ng$t@r said:
Another special fantasy book! I read this book in one sitting. You'll understand why once you read it for yourself! Miri wants to work in the quarry, which is what keeps Mount Eskel alive, but she is not allowed to, after a freak accident with her mother. Miri feels helpless, but when she gets the chance to become a possible princess, she doesn't feel so helpless. She makes new friends, but risks losing her friendship with her childhood friend Peder. Book 2: Palace of Stone
posted Aug 5, 2013 at 7:52PM
This book has a sequel, Palace of Stone, if you're interested. Shannon Hale is one of my favorite authors, and I can't help being a bit jealous I can't weave words the same way.
posted Nov 16, 2012 at 4:42PM
juliza said:
I wish there were a heartwarming sequel to wrap up Miri’s life! I found myself craving for more as finished it for the first time.
posted Aug 10, 2012 at 1:51PM
RavenousReader said:
Yes, it’s called Palace of Stone!
posted May 31, 2012 at 5:59PM
Anna said:
I like how the girls at the princess academy learn to read and write and learn about the world they have never seen. It is also fun how they learn dances and conversation and get and have a fancey ball!
posted Jun 21, 2011 at 1:51PM
Anna said:
posted Jun 21, 2011 at 1:51PM
claire said:
This book is a great book if you like adventure!It is a great book for boys and girls!This book earned a spot in my top 10 books!
posted Aug 2, 2010 at 1:56PM
claire said:
posted Aug 2, 2010 at 1:56PM
mikayla said:
this is a great story. i read this book in a mother daughter book club-i had already read it once. it was a great story and writing!
posted Jul 6, 2008 at 7:57PM
mikayla said:
posted Jul 6, 2008 at 7:57PM
JingJing said:
It was a great book to read. Although it may sound like a girl book, but it isn't. There's events with bandits in one of the most intense scenes. I really recommend this book to anyone who loves reading and wants a good book!
posted Apr 2, 2008 at 8:28PM

related book lists

main characters Miri
Lives on a mountain where, for generations, her ancestors have quarried stone; her father refuses to let her work in the quarry; sent to an academy to learn how to be a princess; cut off from family and the village; deals with competition; discovers a special talent called quarry speak, a silent way to communicate;.
Student