home > bookspace > my comments > comment: walk two moons /
Walk two moons
Sharon Creech
Children's Fiction CREECH

Mary said:
Usually I'm saying how much I loved a book but this review will not be like that. This book was rather boring and the story was hard to follow and I know it won the Newberry Medal or whatever but I don't care. It was just so weird. I'm definitely not a fan of this author. I wouldn't recommend this book unless you are a fan of books that don't make any sense.
posted May 19, 2013 at 9:55PM
Mary said:
posted May 19, 2013 at 9:55PM
SmartSkater said:
This is a great story!
posted Jun 8, 2010 at 5:10PM
rm said:
it is an awesome book its sad,funny,and touching if u read it it will me one... i mean the best book you’d had ever read.if u read this message u should do what i say, read the book its great!!!
posted Nov 16, 2009 at 4:02PM
This Book has a little bit of everything in it. It was fantastic! Sharon Creech did an excellent job with this book. I plan to read more of her books in the future.
posted Nov 1, 2009 at 7:57AM
Molly said:
This book is about a lunitic, a friendship, an adventure, a sad story and much much more. I liked this book because it has a story in a story, within a story! You should read Walk Two Moons because any reader would like this book!
posted Oct 2, 2009 at 4:32PM
Molly said:
posted Oct 2, 2009 at 4:32PM
Emily1998 said:
A great book but very sad at the end.
posted Aug 25, 2009 at 7:24AM
Booklover2 said:
This is a great story about a girl coming to terms with her mother's strange disapperence.
posted Jul 25, 2009 at 4:40PM
puppylover said:
This a super great book. It is sad at the end, but is also kinda happy. I LOVED IT!!!!!!!
posted Jun 12, 2009 at 2:01PM
This was soo sad! I cried at the end!
posted May 28, 2009 at 6:28PM
scamper125 said:
such a good book. Kind of sad at the end...
posted Apr 5, 2009 at 8:39AM
emma 01 said:
this was a sweet and sad book--I loved it
posted Feb 15, 2009 at 1:49PM
a sad but funny and wonderful book. I highly recommend it for a book club
posted Feb 12, 2009 at 7:02PM
This book is amazing. Oh, my, gosh. So good. It was so touching, and about the Mrs. Cadaver with her mother. I luv this book!
posted May 31, 2008 at 2:24PM
Lily said:
This was a great book. I read it when I was in fourth grade (That was my first book of sharon creech). I highly reccomend it.
posted Mar 16, 2008 at 5:35PM
Lily said:
posted Mar 16, 2008 at 5:35PM
dancycandy81 said:
Sal retells the story of her disappeared mother, her erratic friend Phoebe, and the lunatic, while on a road trip with grandparents in an attempt to find her mother.
posted Aug 3, 2007 at 4:23PM
readamia said:
A girls journey to find out what really happened to her mother, while telling her own story along the way
posted Jul 6, 2007 at 2:17PM
Mohammed said:
I love this book. There's one point in the book when it gets real sad. I really love how the author expressed his feelings in the book. Sharon Creech is a very good author, I've read most of his books, but this one has to be my favorite. If you're looking for agood book to read, read this one.
posted Jun 23, 2007 at 6:09PM
Mohammed said:
posted Jun 23, 2007 at 6:09PM
Heather said:
I thought this book was awesome! I almost started to cry when i found out her mom was dead. I read this book twice in 6weeks apart. This is the best book!!!!
posted Jun 20, 2007 at 6:15PM
Heather said:
posted Jun 20, 2007 at 6:15PM
Melissa said:
It was a heartfelt, touching book. While enjoying a humorous story the author teaches you lessons throughout the whole book that open your eyes and make you think. The author does a fantasic job of weaving two charactor's stories into one amazing book. I'd recomend this book to anyone who enjoys a great book they can't put down.
posted Oct 10, 2006 at 8:26PM
Melissa said:
posted Oct 10, 2006 at 8:26PM
Annika said:
This book was fantastic! Although it did not have many characters, the story was great. Salamanca Tree Hiddle goes on a rode trip with her grandparents and tells the exciting story about her friend Phoebe. They go in search of her mom, and she finds out more about her own story.
posted Aug 4, 2006 at 5:34PM
Molly said:
In this book i really liked how the main character named Sal did most of the book in a past tense way. She was rididng with her grandparents and was telling them about what had happened before they went on the trip. I really liked how the author used flashbacks in this story. I thought that Sharon Creech wrote this story in a good way because it ways about how Sal had lost her mom because she went to Idaho while Sal and her dad were still in Kentucky. I thought this was a really good book because it could have related to someone else's life and they could see how Sal got over losing her mom and maybe they could get something out of it!
posted Jun 7, 2006 at 9:08PM
Molly said:
posted Jun 7, 2006 at 9:08PM
Patrick said:
i think that it was a alright book but i was curoius what happened to gloiria.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Tara said:
This book was the best book I've ever read it was very intreaging and I could not put the book down every second every day until I finished that book.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Emily said:
This book was the story of a girl confused by her surroundigns and the tragedy that changed her life. This book was incredible. It was a journey through a girl's struggles and triumphs. Great!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Alexandria said:
It's about a girl and her mom goes away and she goes on a trip with her Grandma and Grandpa to find her mom. It was a good book.
posted Jul 19, 2005 at 8:17PM
Stephanie said:
A little bit of everything- Mystery, romance, friendship, etc. I highly reccomend this book to anyone looking for a real-life story.
posted Jun 20, 2005
Emily said:
I thought that this book was very funny. I had to keep reading it to find out what had happened to her mom. A lunitic was a very kool way to get me to read it!
posted Apr 10, 2005 at 12:45PM
Beverly said:
I really loved this book because it talks about a girl that has a lot of problems.Some of her problems were that her mom and grand mother both died. I could not put it down!
posted Dec 28, 2004 at 7:24PM
Hannah said:
This is a fabulous book. It is told in first person and is very believable. By the end of the book I felt like I knew Sal, the main character and the person telling the story. It's just an excellent book!
posted Jul 22, 2004
Caitlin said:
This book was phenomenal, an outrageous funny good hearted book. It takes you through the life of Salamanka Tree Hiddle. It is in her grandparents car that she tells her story to her witty outgoing grandparents. Her story is about a friend named Phoebe Winterbottom and her mom moving to Idaho. I almost promise you that you will enjoy this book.
posted May 26, 2004 at 11:37AM
Olivia said:
We read this book in school and I have to say some of the books arnt that good but this book is great. It is such a griping book and if you like mysteries this a good book for you. I like this book for all the deatials.
posted Apr 19, 2004 at 8:10PM
Ashley said:
I LOVED this book. It was very sad at the end what with Sal finding out her mother had died. It was also very sad when her grandma died. I liked it best when she was telling Phoebe's story. I also liked the companion book, Absolutley Normal Chaos.
Maren said:
I did NOT like this book. It's about Salamanca who is going with her grandparents to see her mother. Meanwhile, she tells the story of her paranoid, annoying friend Phoebe. I guess it was supposed to be symbolic, but it was really confusing, and then something happens at the end of the book that makes you ask "Why on Earth did I read this?" Although it was pretty well written, I don't understand why it got a Newbery award.
Marie said:
This book was really good. It has two stories in it, a girl who is looking for her lost mother and another, about a girl named Pheobe. When Sal's grandma has a stroke, she leaves with her grandfathers truck and goes to find her mother, who turns out was in a bus wreck. Read this if you want to find what happens.