home > bookspace > my comments > comment: roll of thunder, hear my cry /
Roll of thunder, hear my cry
Mildred D. Taylor
Children's Fiction TAYLOR

Comments  Summary  Author Notes

Mya said:
This book is very well written, and always has things going on, whether sad or happy. It is about a black family living in Mississippi being very mistreated. READ IT
posted Nov 26, 2012 at 7:12PM
This fictional novel is based on an African-American family, the Logans, struggling in Mississippi during the 1930s. The narrator of the story is Cassie, their only daughter, who is outspoken and self-confident. The portrait of racism, bigotry is stark, realistic and at times shocking. This is also the story of Cassie learning the "ways of the world" but still maintaining her dignity despite the humilitation she has to endure. I think that is what makes it a great novel. Meant for young readers I would say that this is really a young adult novel and would recommend it for the older reader (13 ). 5 out of 5 stars.
posted Oct 19, 2011 at 4:10PM
Sally said:
If you are into the great depression and diversity in history this is the book for you. It's a bout a girl, Cassie, her four brothers and the struggle against the great depression and racsim.
posted Jun 5, 2009 at 12:27PM
Sally said:
posted Jun 5, 2009 at 12:27PM
This book is so dramatic and heartwarming. I love it soooooo much! I also suggest reading the rest of the "Logan Family saga."
posted Jun 10, 2008 at 9:01AM
lizzielovesdrama said:
no really do not read it. I know the tittle sounds cool but i don’t evey know why it is called that there is nothing like that in it! OMG!!!!!!!!!
posted Oct 7, 2007 at 5:14PM
lizzielovesdrama said:
don't read this book it is boring
posted Oct 6, 2007 at 5:15PM
no1sweehart21 said:
I hhad to read this book when I was in 7th grade I thought that the fact that it was narrated by one of the main chaircters was a littel anoying but I would and have told people to raed this book
posted Jan 7, 2007 at 10:02PM
Alanna said:
The book is a very good book. It's a story about a family that has to work together to save their land they've owned for so many yrs. i recommend u read this book. its exciting and never boring!
posted Dec 30, 2006 at 11:09AM
williamequalsliam said:
I thought this is a good book but a little confusing. williamequalsliam.
posted May 27, 2006 at 7:19AM
speedy said:
MUST READ THIS BOOK! It's asolutly awesome.
posted May 26, 2006 at 7:19PM
Wokie said:
This book was really good, when you read it you would want to read the other she have written [Series: Mildred D. Logan Saga #2]
posted Jul 6, 2005