home > bookspace > my comments > comment:

Kati Kat said:
This book is now officially one of my favorite books, i do love the way Scout, has a point of view of the world she lives in.
posted Aug 25, 2010 at 1:41PM
This was a great book! It told a lot about life and that made it even better. When I was about half way through the book, my friend told me that we had to read it in high school in a couple of years but I didn't care! It was just that good. I reccomend this book to anybody. It'll make you laugh and cry. It's overall one of the best books I have ever read!
posted Jun 11, 2008 at 4:46PM
Aisha said:
posted Jun 11, 2008 at 4:46PM
Kelly said:
This is a classic. Really, everybody should read it. It is an awesome book and fairly easy to read. Everybody should read this before they graduate high school!
posted Oct 9, 2007 at 7:28PM
Kelly said:
posted Oct 9, 2007 at 7:28PM
Rushi said:
'To kill a mockingbird' is a great book that actually teaches everyone moral for life. This book combines the taste of discrimination, fairness, and racism. Many charcters in this book teach readers to stand for what you believe in. It is about a man names Atticus Finch, a lawyer in the Depression-era South, defending a black man against an undeserved rape charge and his kids against prejudice. He stood for what he believed in teaching his kids and other towns people very important lesson of life. I will recommend everyone to read this great book!!!1
posted Jun 28, 2006 at 2:59PM
Mandy said:
I loved this book! It is a great book about a girl named Scout and her brother Jem and their amazing father.
posted Apr 1, 2005
Lenny said:
This book is great. A girl named Jean Loise Finch goes on a few adventures in Macom County, a county where whites and blacks don't live together. But Jean Loise, or Scout, finds out her dad is in the most important predicament of his life. What happens? Read and find out!
posted Mar 9, 2005 at 11:10AM
Misica said:
This book is a great book to read about discrimination, just because of a person's skin color. It also show kindness throughout the book that Boo Radley is a nice person, instead of the person people think from a legend. Atticus decides to take a case involving a black man named Tom Robinson who has been accused of raping a white girl named Mayella Ewell. The family had to deal with all the harsh saying about being racist, because of Atticus's defending Tom.
posted Oct 26, 2004
Deanna said:
The unforgettable nouel of a childhood in a sleepy Southern town town and crisis of canscience that rocked it.
posted Aug 19, 2004
Elizabeth said:
I found this book very interesting. I is written in the sight of a little girl whom everybody has nicknamed scout. Scout, her brother, and there good friend have many adventures and were constantly trying to find out what happened to Boo Radly while there father was working on a case of a black man who had been acused of rape. Scout's family gets ridiculed for being on the black mans side. I think you will really like this book and enjoy the ending.
posted Jul 22, 2004
Marit said:
I started To Kill a Mockingbird not expecting much, but when I finished I was tempted to go back to the begining and start it over again right away!!! It is a wonderful book, exremely well written, with a beautiful plot and loveable, memorable characters. It's thought-provoking yet very enjoyable to read. The story is told from the perspective of Scout, a little girl growing up in a small Southern town. She is the daughter of Atticus Finch, a laywer, and has one older brother, Jem. Atticus has taken a case defending a black man accused of rape, and the book follows the events that ensue during the trial and the time leading up to it, in both the Finch family and the town. This book made me both laugh and cry. Scout's more lighthearted stories and perceptions of the events contrast meaningfully with Jem's maturing opinions and developing ideas. This is a wonderful book and I heartily recommend it.
posted Jun 28, 2004
Elizabeth said:
I think this book was eye opening. It was fun filled and included the imagination of a normal kid. This book also had a deeper meaning and a lesson we all need to learn about life. I think you will throughly enjoy this book if you like stories with a deeper meaning.
posted Jun 25, 2004
Brooke said:
To Kill a Mockingbird was a great book. It was told in the words of Scout, an 8-year old girl who grows up in the small town of Maycomb with her older brother, Jem. Very emotional, amusing, and powerful.
posted Jun 11, 2004
Callie said:
I thought that To Kill a Mocking Bird was an excellent book about the deep south in the 1930's. This book has much historical relevance, and views that have deffinately impacted America. Scout Finch, a young girl, must grow up in a liitle town full of much racism and hate. When their father, Atticus Finch, has to take on the case of defending a black man charged with raping a white girl, the Finch's relize who their real friends are, and how desperate some people may get to keep their town the way it is: strictly white. I read this book and loved it. Since history is my favorite subject i thought this book was excellent. Although it starts slow, it hooks you in. I recomend this book to any one who enjoys history or a good read.
Amy said:
I thought this book was really, really great. It symbolizes so much. There is a lot that the main characters learn about life, racism and prejudice. I think it is a book all people should read.
Maren said:
Wow. This book was so original and captivating, I couldn't put it down. Scout is growing up in a time where there is still prejudice against blacks, and her father is a lawyer defending one. This is a great book with mystery and suspense.