home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the tale of despereaux [electronic resource] : being the story of a mouse, a pri

Piper said:
The story is about a mouse and your adventures. If you are adventure, read the Tale of Despereaux. You will love it!
posted Mar 8, 2013 at 2:27PM
Piper said:
posted Mar 8, 2013 at 2:27PM
Maria said:
The main characters in the story are a mouse named Despereaux and a princess named Princess Pea. The story takes place half in the castle and half in the dungeon. The main problom was that someone took the prinsess pea down to the dungeon. There was only one small little mouse that could save her . I enjoyed reading this book because it takes you on a fun filled adventure.!
posted Nov 27, 2011 at 1:44PM
Maria said:
posted Nov 27, 2011 at 1:44PM
Kristina P. said:
The Tale of Despereaux is a wonderful story. It is about a small,brave mouse named Despereaux, who does not follow the rules, a rat named Chiaroscuro, who loves the light, and a princess named Princess Pea. Despereaux and Princess Pea fall in love, but when the other mice find out, Despereaux must go to the dungeon. Will Despereaux survive in the dungeon where the rats live and escape? Or will the rats eat him? Read the book to find out what happens to Despereaux and what Chiaroscuro does. I recommend this book to all readers and anyone who loves books about romance and mystery. I think this book teaches a lesson about not judging people by how they look, but by if they are nice inside.
posted Jul 16, 2010 at 1:25PM
probablynarnia said:
I, unlike every other child on the face of this planet, did not, in fact, have this read to me by my third grade teacher. So my sixeen-year-old self had to make the three-yard walk from the teen section to the children's section, scour the shelves, check it out and spend a whole hour and a half by myself reading it, all thanks to Mrs. Whats-her-face. I did, however, enjoy it very much and would reccomend it to any other lost souls that are in the same predicament I was in.
posted Jul 11, 2010 at 11:33PM
Maddie said:
So many things happen in the book, it was fun and suspenseful to read. I loved how tiny he was in the first chapter. I would love it if the author made a sequal about what would happen if the queen did not die. It was the best book I've read ever. Long live Desperoux!!!!!
posted Jul 13, 2009 at 1:57PM
Maddie said:
posted Jul 13, 2009 at 1:57PM
Booklover2 said:
This is one of my favorite books of all time. The story is so sweet and I love the illastrations!
posted Jul 10, 2009 at 8:32PM
The Tale of Despereaux is an adventure story for children, a mini-swashbuckler if you will. In fact, the moral of the story is that you can accomplish anything, even if you are very small. In a fairy-tale kingdom far away, a mouse named Despereaux Tilling is born. Despereaux is not like the other mice—he is very tiny, and very brave, and very much in love with the human Princess Pea. Despereuax knows that a true knight must go on a quest to win the love of a fair lady. Armed with a needle for a sword and his own romantic yearnings, Despereaux sets out on an adventure that will come to include the stories of lonely Princess Pea and her family; a dim-witted but wishful girl named Miggery Sow; and Chiaroscuro, a rat who loves the light. Author Kate DiCamillo is a skilled and subtle writer, seamlessly weaving compelling storylines with important messages for her readers, regardless of what age they are. The illustrations by Timothy Basil Ering are elegant and atmospheric. Even though it is a children’s book, this is not a kind, gentle adventure story. There is real danger and tragedy in The Tale of Despereaux. It may be a swashbuckler of junior status, but it still has enough action, romance, and heart to satisfy any hero with a sword and a sense of honor.
posted Jun 25, 2009 at 3:17PM
Rowen G said:
Very funny ,with action and suspense mixed in.
posted May 31, 2009 at 4:58PM
An ok book... for toddlers. I read it in 3rd grade and thought it was childish then. I reread it in about an hour. It has a morale... I just don't remember what it was.
posted Jul 22, 2008 at 10:30PM
this is one of the most childish books I’ve ever read, but it was still ok i guess
posted Jul 12, 2008 at 3:12PM
very little tale of a mouse a princess a rat and a serving girl this tale is fun to read
posted Jul 12, 2008 at 9:19AM
pretty on the odd side
posted Jun 29, 2008 at 3:47PM
A new fairy tale! I love this little book! Sweet, facinating, innocent, fun... I love it! I love it!
posted Apr 5, 2008 at 7:18PM
Ian said:
This deceptively simple fable weaves together a story that, on the outside, seems to be merely a kid's fairy tale, yet deeper down addresses universal issues and emotions. While at times I felt the language and subject matter were overly simplified so that younger readers are able to understand the theme, on the whole I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by this novel. It is fully deserving of it's Newbery Medal title.
posted Jun 28, 2007 at 9:09PM
Ian said:
posted Jun 28, 2007 at 9:09PM
Duey said:
I loved this book it was adventureous, funny,surprising, and has a surprise around every corner.
posted Mar 23, 2007
Shazia said:
This is a funny little story about a mouse and a princess. The princess falls in love with the mouse against her father's, the king, orders. The story is also about a servant girl who wishes she was a princess.
posted Jul 29, 2006 at 11:58PM
Shazia said:
posted Jul 29, 2006 at 11:58PM
Anna said:
This is a great fun book for any kid that loves to read. It is about a strange mouse, in love with music, stories and a princess named Pea. [Newbery Award Winner - 2004]
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Heather said:
The book shows a lot of heart and life can change very much.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Anthony said:
If you like tales about a mouse who falls in love with a princess you would like this book. I did not like it all that much. But you might like it. [2004 Newbery Medal Winner]
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Claire said:
This book was a very exciting read! I wanted to keep reading more. I wanted to see what happened to the little mouse. if you like mice, soup, and far of places than you have to read this book! [Newbery Medal Winner, 2004]
posted Mar 8, 2006 at 7:15PM
Sarah said:
This book was a very cute book. Its about a mouse who dosent fit in with the other mouse. Its a little confusing when reading a review though. [Newbery Medal Winner, 2004]
posted Jul 2, 2005
Jackie said:
I thought that this book was very creative because it was a fantasy and the way it was written was easier to understand. Despereaux was really fun to read and was also a page turner because I didn't know what was going to happen next. The story kept me interested. Fantasy is a change because it is fun to read and lets you use your imagination. If you like mice that talk, princesses, and castles, this book is definitely for you. [Newbery Medal Winner 2004]
posted Mar 14, 2005
Emily said:
This is a really cute book about a mouse who falls in love with a princess. I have read many of Kate's books and she is one of my favorite authors. I give this book 5 stars! :) [Newbery Medal Winner 2004]
posted Dec 20, 2004
Anna said:
This book was an adventurous book of a little mouse called Despereaux! There are three stories in one big book, but some may think it is short! This is a great book [Newbery Medal Winner 2004]
posted Dec 13, 2004 at 5:07PM
James said:
This book is about a mouse. Not just any ordinary mouse, a small mouse that doesn't do any mouse-like things. One day the mouse heard music wonderful music and when he got there he fell in love with a beutiful human princess. The princess then gets kidnapped! Will Despereaux risk his life to save this ridiculus love
posted Nov 10, 2004 at 2:59PM
Jessi said:
THIS IS AN AWESOME BOOK! i couldn't put it down. i must give u a heads up... if you are going to read it, it is pretty easy, but it is a quick and wonderful read. SHORT SUMMARY: an odd mouse falls in love with the princess and tries to save her, but Miggory and Roscuro, a girl and a rat, try to kill her. will he save her in time??!!~~**READ IT**~~
posted Nov 10, 2004
mohammed said:
It is about a mouse that was born whith his eyes open. He is in love with a prinsess. After that he broke the ultemit mouse rule talking to humans that is bad. After that he gets sent to a daungen and his own brother is helping to throw him into the duangen. Read this book to find more stuff on desperaux.
posted Jun 1, 2004 at 11:16AM
courtney said:
I think it was great book full of adventure kate Di Camillo is a great writer.
posted May 25, 2004 at 11:00AM