home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the westing game /
The Westing game
Ellen Raskin
Children's Fiction RASKIN

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

nena said:
This book can get very confusing at times so you should write things down. Also before you read this you should make sure that you know the song, "America the Beautiful" or else you won't understand anything.
posted Jun 11, 2014 at 7:49PM
Mystery. Suspense. Million dollars. What's not to love?
posted Sep 4, 2010 at 6:27PM
bookworm100 said:
I still havent finished the book. i think it is a awsome book.If you havent read the book,read it!
posted Feb 8, 2010 at 7:27PM
This book is a confusing read, it really makes you think.
posted Jul 9, 2009 at 9:52PM
Alexa said:
This book is a confusing read, it really makes you think.
posted Jul 9, 2009 at 9:52PM
Rowen G said:
There has never been so many genres in one book!There is comedy,action,mystery,and a little bit of drama.I recomend this book to all ages.
posted May 31, 2009 at 5:24PM
My grandmother sent me this book and she always sends good books. Plus Julia liked it, even though thats not the reason I want you to read it (I'd have you read it whether Julia liked it or not). I haven't actually read more than the first few chapters though.
posted Mar 26, 2009 at 10:20PM
HOLAGURRL said:
My Favorite Book, have read it 5 times!!!! The second time, i forgot everything except the twist ending! So, I took notes on each character, their personality, and occupation! It sounds dumb, but it helps SO much!
posted Jun 18, 2008 at 10:50AM
I read that book in 4th grade.It was a really good book, even if I had to keep a notebook with me to keep track.Slightly confusing, but a great book.a must-read.
posted Jun 11, 2008 at 12:26PM
jello said:
THIS BOOK WAS GOOD. IT WAS VERY LONG THOUGH AND AT SOME PARTS IT WAS WAY TOO HARD TO COMPRIHEND AND UNDERSTAND. THIS BOOK WAS VERY GOOD, BUT IF I WERE TO SUGJEST A BOOK IT WOULD BE- DOUBLE IDENTITY BY:MARGRET PETERSON HADDIX
posted Apr 28, 2008 at 6:53PM
dell said:
(You have to pay attention when you are reading this book!) The death of Samuel Westing sets many of the town's people on a hunt to solve the puzzle in his will and win Westing's fortune!
posted Apr 13, 2008 at 8:12PM
dell said:
You have to pay attention when you are reading this book. The death of Samuel Westing sets many of the town's people on a hunt to solve the puzzle in his will and win Westing's fortune!
posted Mar 18, 2008 at 9:06AM
dell said:
You have to pay attention when you are reading this book. The death of Samuel Westing sets many of the town's people on a game to win Westing's fortune!
posted Mar 17, 2008 at 5:31PM
dell said:
You have to pay attention when you are reading this book. The death of Samuel Westing sets many of the town's people on a search to find Westing's treasure!
posted Mar 17, 2008 at 4:03PM
Tom said:
The Westing Game is an absolutely incredible book. It is a fast passed mystery with the perfect blend of hummer and intrigue. Its cleaver word-plays keep you thinking through out the whole book. Every time you think you’ve put it together your proved completely wrong! Although the first part is a little strange, keep on reading it and you’ll be in for a big adventure and a lot of late night reading vigils! I would recommend this book to anyone. Happy reading!
posted May 24, 2007 at 5:23PM
Tom said:
posted May 24, 2007 at 5:23PM
Chrissy said:
This book is about a rich millionare who everyone thinks is dead and ends out having a bunch of people he picked play the "Westing game" to see who is worthy of inheriting his fortune. My favorite charactor is Turtle because she was so adventurus. This is my absolute favorite book, and I really suggest you read it!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Jenna said:
The Westing Game is a wonderful book, though I had to read it 4 times to catch all the author's humor and clues!! It is about 16 heirs to a $200 million dollar fortune. They are each paired up and given some clues and told to find the murderer of their town's owner: Sam Westing.
posted Dec 29, 2004
Lauren said:
I liked this book because it is suspenseful if you stop reading the book at a cretin time. I also like this book because it is a mystery. It has a very cool mystery that you have to try to solve. That is why I like this book.
posted May 26, 2004 at 12:49PM
Amanda said:
I like this book because it has a mystery, a murder mystery to be exact. It was also very suspenseful. By suspenseful I mean you don't know who did it. You think it is obvious but it is something way different. Also it is a put down by that I mean that you can't just put down the book and walk away you HAVE to know what happens. What I mean also by mystery is I like big mysteries, and this one you have to finish to the last page to figure it out. I like suspenseful, mystery, and put down books that is why I told you what they mean. Plus that is how I like them.
posted May 26, 2004 at 12:49PM
Carolyn said:
I think The Westing Game is a very good book. It had many fun filled characters and lots of twists and turns. It was, although, a bit confusing at times, and I didn't like how some things ended up in the book. Other than that, this was one of the best books I've ever read. So I would suggest this book to anyone in their teen ages and loves mysteries!!
Maren said:
I thought this was a great suspensful read. You won't find another one like it! Sam Westing dies, and his will is a game to find out who murdered him!
Sara said:
This is a great book! I've just read it for the umteenth time, and its as good as the first. this bood is a bit hard to understand at first, because it switches characters quite a bit, and quite suddenly, but once you pick it up, you cant put it down! i highly recomend this book!