home > bookspace > my comments > comment: tuesdays with morrie /
Tuesdays with Morrie
Mitch Albom
Adult Nonfiction LD571.B418 S383 1998

Comments  Summary  Contents  Excerpt  Reviews  Author Notes

justinwalker78 said:
I loved this book! It is so inspiring and uplifting. If you enjoyed "Tuesdays with Morrie" and are looking for another positive, inspirational book, you should check out "What Really Matters" by Karen Wyatt, MD (http://www.karenwyattmd.com/)!
posted Apr 3, 2012 at 4:44PM
Avatar for becomethecatalyst becomethecatalyst said:
I read this for Psych esteem class in high school which was an elective, didn't enjoy the book at first but it grew on me.
posted Mar 7, 2012 at 1:23PM
Silly Tillie said:
This is, in my opinion, probably Mitch Albom's best book. It was the first book that I read by him, and it is a deep, thoughtful and wonderful nonfiction book.
posted Jun 29, 2010 at 12:29PM
gerlie said:
“A teacher affects eternity; can never tell where his influence stops.” -Henry Adams The persona was a loving and caring student for his professor. For Mitch, Morrie was not just a professor; for him, he was also a teacher, a friend and a father. He had learned many things from him dying mentor. In reading this book, I realized many things. I realized that I should value things because no one really knew the time that it would be taken away from you. Learning from Morrie was one of the most grateful experience in my realization on how to be a teacher in its real sense. He wanted everyone to learn by surrendering themselves and be detached from the material world. He treated his students as a friend and child of his own. If I would be asked on how Morrie affected my life as it would affect me until eternity, my answer would be very precise: Morrie instilled the following life-long lessons that I will never regret that I learned it from him: First, we oftentimes grieve for a lost one, but isn’t it harder to accept that, sooner or later, we will also bid goodbye to persons we love and treasure most. I know, just like death, parting is inevitable specially if you really have no choice but to leave. We don’t want to forget the person we treasure most, but most importantly, we don’t also want them to forget us. Second, if anything bad happens to us, the world will not stop its revolution. We should just admit it and tell ourselves that life must go on. We shouldn’t be left behind. Let’s prove our worth and shoe that we can do something fruitful instead of being eaten up by the situation. The third one is not to give up even in the time of death. We should always put death in its most positive light; just like Morrie, he might be physically useless but he prove to everyone that he still has something to prove.
posted Feb 26, 2008 at 7:59AM
7 a good book to review if you're living the way you should be
posted Apr 29, 2007 at 3:08PM
gotbooks? said:
Such a touching book
posted Apr 10, 2007 at 8:51PM
posted Apr 10, 2007 at 5:38PM
reading it right now and I think it's going to turn out to be a life changing book for me.
posted Apr 5, 2007 at 4:35PM
ttl said:
Its a great book just to get to know about life and learn more and apprieciate things that you normally wouldn't.
posted Mar 14, 2007 at 6:31PM
Casey said:
Almost a self help book in itself, Tuesdays with Morrie compells readers to confront their materialistic, superificial lives in order to live fulfilling and meaningful lives. Morris Schwartz, a dying sociology professor with the fatal disease ALS, creates compassion and openmindedness in his young student and author of the book, Mitch Albom, as well as his entire reading audience through his intimate childhood memories and life experiences.
posted Jul 7, 2005