home > bookspace > my comments > comment: les miserables /
Les miserables
Hugo, Victor
Adult Fiction HUGO

Though it is a big novel, it is one of the greatest classic works of all times. It portrays both hope, and despair, respect & hatred. Summarizing the story for someone would destroy the enjoyment they too could have in reading through the entire thing. (the older version of the movie is done wonderfully well) Who writes like that anymore?
posted Nov 12, 2009 at 7:02PM
Hannah said:
It was wonderfully written! Every character, whether good, bad, or in between, was carefully described. My favorite characters were Eponine, because she is strong and brave, and Javert, because although he is the villain of the story, he is just doing what he thinks is right throughout the whole story. Although the book is fiction, I enjoyed reading about France in that era. It is a very interesting time full of conflict, intrigue, and heroism. My favorite part of the book was when Jean Valjean came to get Cosette. The entire story shows both human bravery and cowardliness in perfect balance. The ending is sad, but it also shows that both life in books and real life are rarely perfect, a mix of happiness and sadness. This is among my favorite books.
posted Jun 23, 2008 at 12:43PM
Hannah said:
posted Jun 23, 2008 at 12:43PM
Amazingly intricate and deep, this story follows multiple characters. I've read it three times, but I learn several knew things every time I read it. This book has romance, action, history, and...well, let me abridge or this review will have chapters:This novel is breathtakingly complex, but I love it! Oh, and beware! It is very long!
posted Apr 5, 2008 at 7:19PM
emma7126 said:
i saw the play and now a lot about it and i love it plus at a play theater my friend kassy is playing the part of young cosset
posted Jul 3, 2007 at 2:36PM
gabrielle said:
it was a hard read, i didn't understand most of it, so i watched the movie afterwards to see what it was about.
posted Jun 15, 2005
Leanne said:
I really enjoyed the book. It was the type of book you just wanted to keep reading and couldn't put down. It had something for everyone to like. I hope that everyone will read this book at some point in their lives.