home > bookspace > my comments > comment: charlotte's web /
Charlotte's web
E. B. White
Children's Fiction WHITE

Comments  Summary  Contents  Excerpt  Reviews  Author Notes

Avatar for Brookdale Library Staff Brookdale Library Staff said:
Grade 4 and up. Charlotte's web is a heart-warming story about young farm-girl Fern, her beloved pig Wilbur, and Wilbur's friend Charlotte. Charlotte is a beautiful and unique grey spider living in Wilbur's barn.
posted Jul 29, 2013 at 2:39PM
Motasem said:
I read this book last week, it was a great tale. I know we all have read this book, and its everyones favorite. With charlette the pigs, the little spider, its such a fun story! recomended!
posted Jul 4, 2011 at 8:22PM
Kamaljot said:
This book is about a pig who's name is Wilbur. Wilbur get's raised by a girl named Fern. Since Wilbur is old enough, he has to be sold. Fern's parent's decide to sell Wilbur to Fern's uncle. Wilbur is very lonly, and only get's to see Fern once an a while at the barn. When Wilbur meets a grey beutiful spider named Charlotte, he feels like he has a friend. Wilbur starts to gain weight, and when he hears that Fern's uncle is making him fat to turn him into pork and bacon, Wilbur get's really scared. Charlotte thinks of a plan to save Wilbur's life, and the whole barn tags along to think as well. Will Wilbur survive, and not be turned into pork or bacon? Read the book to find out.
posted Jun 8, 2011 at 3:36PM
H said:
In E.B.White's book Charlotte's Web there is a pig named Wilbur.Wilbur was the runt of the litter so fern's dad was going to kill Wilbur.But fern wanted to keep Wilbur so her dad fanily gave in and said "All right you go back to the house and i will bring the runt when I come in" .So when Wilbur was 5 weeks old he got slod to the Zuckerman's farm with all the orther anamials in the barn and met a bautful spider named ?????????? Read the book to find out!
posted Jun 4, 2011 at 6:05PM
H said:
posted Jun 4, 2011 at 6:05PM
prajna said:
It's a great book but it is sad that the spider named charlett died but wilbur the pig saved the egg sac it was a thrilling story.
posted Aug 18, 2010 at 10:06AM
Zane said:
I liked Charlotte saving Wilbur's life. I also liked Henry Fussy going on the Ferris wheel with Fern. I also liked Wilbur getting a medal. I also liked that Zuckerman got $20. I also liked Charlotte's children making balloons and flying away. I give this book 3 stars because I was sad when Charlotte died.
posted Aug 28, 2009 at 6:17PM
Fue said:
It's a good book, and highly recommend it to everyone to read, because it is a very interesting book.
posted Jul 28, 2009 at 6:35PM
This is a great book. at the end it is kind of sad.
posted Oct 7, 2008 at 8:06PM
Karen said:
Charlotte's Web, is scary both at the beginning and end. I think it's unique because most of the books I read.
posted Jul 8, 2008 at 6:32PM
Karen said:
posted Jul 8, 2008 at 6:32PM
Camryn said:
Charlotte's Web is a very interesting book. It's funny too. It's full of animals and I love animals, but that is like only one of the reasons I love this book!
posted Jun 25, 2008 at 9:48AM
Camryn said:
posted Jun 25, 2008 at 9:48AM
Zakie's mom said:
This has been one of my favorite books, ever since I was little... this book is great; even when your older!
posted Apr 24, 2008 at 12:07PM
Heba K. said:
I really like this book it one of my favorites. I’ve heard it’s one of the best selling books! My favorite part about this book was the relation ship between Charlotte and Wilbur! It’s so cute how much Charlotte likes him, If it weren’t for that little spider Wilbur would be killed! Imagine how a little thing can save a life! Read the book to find out why, you’ll love it!
posted Feb 27, 2007 at 9:44PM
riley said:
i like charlottes web cuz it is so cool and a great book .
posted Nov 1, 2006 at 4:14PM
riley said:
i like charlottes web cuz it is so cool and a great book .
posted Nov 1, 2006 at 4:14PM
JANE said:
GREAT BOOK!!!
posted Nov 1, 2006 at 8:06AM
JANE said:
GREAT BOOK!!!
posted Nov 1, 2006 at 8:06AM
Gaurav said:
This a very nice book. It talks about a girl named Fren who has a little pig named Wilbur. When Wilbur gets sold to Fren's Uncle he finds a new friend named Charlotte. But when summer comes Wilbur gets bads that hes going to get killed in the winter. Charlotte helps Wibur from not getting killed so she makes signs on her web. The first sign is some pig, second is terrific, and last is radint. When Mr. Zuckerman sees this he calls people from all over the country to come and see his pig. You should read this book.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Sarah said:
In the book Charolette's web well Cahrolette has very cute animals and shes a very responsable girl.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Lily said:
I thought this book was wonderful! If you like fantasy books. you'll love this book!
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Jeni said:
This book was so cool. i could never stop reading it.
posted Mar 30, 2006 at 5:31PM
Holly said:
i think this book is a great book its about a pig who wins lots of gold metals and it has alout other great things in the story it is an exciting book! i love it
posted Nov 20, 2005 at 5:33PM