home > bookspace > my comments > comment: where the red fern grows : the story of two dogs and a boy /

A very heart-warming book that everyone must read. I don't care if you hate dogs, read it.
posted Aug 26, 2013 at 6:19PM
mice mice said:
If your a dog lover... NEVER READ THIS BOOK!!!!!! It’s soooo sad!!! I cried!!!!
posted Feb 28, 2012 at 6:48PM
mymy said:
i love this book oX its one of the best books ever made me cry in the end
posted Aug 23, 2011 at 1:05AM
redheaded stepchild said:
terrible, i threw up at the end (no kidding)
posted Jul 8, 2010 at 4:36PM
Ryan Baskfield said:
The greatest dog story ever told, Where the Red Fern Grows. You won’t want to stop reading, because it is so exciting. You don’t know what will happen next. Billy is a twelve year old boy, who lives in Cherokee country, by the Ozark Mountains. Billy has always wanted a dog, but his family is too poor to buy dogs. Billy works a long time to buy two hound puppies. He trains the two puppies, Old Dan and Little Ann. They learn to hunt coons. This is a great story about a boy and his two dogs. Go check out, Where the Red Fern Grows, by Wilson Rawls. I know you will like it. -Ryan Baskfield
posted Jan 17, 2009 at 12:03PM
charms09200 said:
I hate this book. Absolutely loath it. The story was good but the ending was horrible. I’ll never read this book ever again. Upon saying this, it’s a great book, and you should read it if you don’t love dogs.
posted Nov 28, 2008 at 7:53PM
McKenzie said:
it's a sad and happy story. the kid and his dog's go through good and bad things. read this true story and rember it for the rest of your life!
posted Jan 2, 2008 at 1:45PM
McKenzie said:
posted Jan 2, 2008 at 1:45PM
Great Reads said:
A great classic
posted Jul 13, 2007 at 3:39PM
Heather said:
This is also my favorite book.My dad read it to my family and we all started crying! Even the 4 year old. This is such a great book i watched the movie in 4th grade but the book is much better!!!!!
posted Jun 20, 2007 at 6:20PM
Heather said:
posted Jun 20, 2007 at 6:20PM
Matthew said:
I can't even belive this book. It may be one of the best books I have ever read in my life! When I read it I cried beacuse it was so sad. If I could give this book any amout of stars i'd give it...... 100 stars. Yes, it's that good. What It's about is a kid named billy who despertly wants two dogs.After waiting and waiting and waiting he finally gets his pups and has many adventures and tragites through the book.If I were you i'd zoom to where ever the nearest place to get Where The Red Fern Grows!
posted May 17, 2007 at 4:00PM
Matthew said:
posted May 17, 2007 at 4:00PM
Anthony Mazzuchella said:
this book is so good, so good, sssssoooooo good ya ya ya ya ya ya ya rock on dudes and dudets
posted Feb 22, 2007 at 6:38PM
Anthony Mazzuchella said:
i have only read 5 chapters and i cant keep my eyes out of that book
posted Feb 9, 2007 at 6:56PM
Anthony Mazzuchella said:
it is the best book i have ever read in my whole life
posted Feb 9, 2007 at 5:40PM
Homereader said:
I loved this book so much I got the movie and I liked the movie but I loved the book.
posted Feb 8, 2007 at 4:10PM
Mark Heusinkveld said:
A wonderful story written by a man who didn't have a college education and he had to get a lot of help correcting his story after it was written. Where the Red Fern Grows is proof that if you have a good story to tell people will listen. It doesn't matter if you are a poor speller. Tell your story and ask a friend for help with the spelling and grammer. Wilson Rawls did and he gave a wonderful gift to us all.
posted Feb 7, 2007 at 7:51AM
abby said:
Where the Red Fern Grows is an excellent book.It is the story of the devotion of a boy and his two hound dogs.Together they go on many thrilling adventures as they tree coons.Billy, the boy becomes an aclaimed hunter.You will be surprised at the true loyalty of the dogs to thier owner.A must read for animal and dog lovers.Alittle gory in a few parts ,though,(for those of us with weak stomachs.)
posted Sep 13, 2006 at 12:11PM
abby said:
posted Sep 13, 2006 at 12:11PM
Lyubov said:
Its a sad and Happy book. At the end 2 of the cherecters Die, But Wher they are burryied the Red furn Grows.
posted Aug 19, 2006 at 5:35PM
Lyubov said:
posted Aug 19, 2006 at 5:35PM
Hayley said:
I loved this book and am definatly going to read it again!
posted May 28, 2006 at 10:51AM
tony said:
It's about two dogs,a boy and his grandfather in a story about love,sadness and adventure
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Jennifer said:
Where the red fren grows is a book about a boy who really wants a dog, but his parents need a new mule, because their old won is too old. The boy works until he saves up enough money for his two hunting hounds, dan and anne. Soon enough they are the best coon hunters in the county and they enter in a hunting compotions. The ending is really sad, and i have to say i'm not a huge dog lover or anything, but i totally balled at the end. This book is great for dog lovers or other animal lovers, but i recomend reading it at home incase you don't want anyone to see you cry (everyone i know who's read it has cried). This is a great classic book and the movies is good too.
posted Apr 13, 2005
Jack said:
Billy wants to get a couple of hounds to hunt coons. This story describes the bond between a boy and his dogs. A must read.
posted Mar 9, 2005 at 10:53AM
Sarah said:
I thought it was REind of REALLY good. It is full of adventure yet it is sad. This is a great book for boys or girls to read.
posted May 24, 2004 at 6:00PM
Sarah said:
I loved this book. It was so good. The end made me cry.