home > bookspace > my comments > comment: keeping the moon /
Keeping the moon
Dessen, Sarah
Teen Fiction DESSEN

great girl reads said:
A wonderful book about a teenage girl's search for true friends, true love and her true self.
posted May 22, 2011 at 8:38PM
Ingrid said:
this book is about a girl who goes to visit her aunt for the summer. she makes new friends and learns alot about herself. as always, sarah dessen makes her characters super interesting. not just "normal" ppl. the plot keeps developing the whole book. its amazing how dessen keeps your attention the whole time without having it be all action. keeping the moon pulls you in during the first few pages and keeps your attention throughout. this book is awesome and i loved it!! its a total must read!
posted Jul 17, 2008 at 8:33PM
Ingrid said:
posted Jul 17, 2008 at 8:33PM
mustang21 said:
Again, a very good book about a believable character. Colie goes to spend the summer with her aunt while her mother travels and again learns about life and how to live looking to the future and not always looking back.
posted Nov 11, 2007 at 9:19PM
mustang21 said:
Again, a very good book about a believable character.
posted Nov 11, 2007 at 9:09PM
Charlotte said:
Keeping the Moon was another one of Sarah Dessen's wonderful books. It tells the story about Colie, who has become a reclusive rebel of sorts, because of social encounters. Her mother is Kiki Sparks, a famous fitness trainer. This summer, Colie is sent to live with her aunt, Mira. She meets Morgan and Isabel at the local diner, Last Chance, and Also Norman, who lives in her aunt's basement. The story progresses as Colie, in her mother's words, changes "from a caterpillar to a butterfly" with the help of her newfound friends.
posted Jul 19, 2005
Evelyn said:
This book is boring. There is all talk and no action. It's just about this one girl who lives with her mom. Her mother seems to never be able to keep a relationship. So many husbands so little time. Her mom is now going to marry a cars salesman, and while searching for her mom's car of her dreams, she meets a guy named Dexter. This book is cheesy. >Note< This is just my oppinion. You can read it, and if you have read and thought it was good, that's good.
posted Jan 16, 2005
Patty said:
Oh my goodness this book was soo awesome! I loved this book. Sarah Dessen is an amazing author and as i was reading this book i never wanted to put it down!
posted Oct 9, 2004
Kit said:
I love all of Sarah Dessen's books and this was probably one of my favorites. I loved it because I could really relate to the main character, and she seemed to really be talking to me, pulling me into her whole world. When I read it, it was like I went head over heels into the book, and I didn't really think of anything else the whole time I was reading it. It was one of those books that you just can't put down. Most of all, this book had a moral, like all of Dessen's books do. I loved the friendship, romance, and self-strengthening parts of this book. Really really awesome!!
posted Jul 26, 2004
Gauri said:
I thought this was a book with a weak storyline. It is about a 15 yr old, Colie, whose mom is a weight-loss advocate type thing and she's really famous nad has all these infomercials and goes on tours. One summer, her mom is going on tour to Europe and Colie has to stay behind, so she spends the summer with her Aunt Mira. There, she gets a job at a restaurant, and gets to know new people. Colie doesn't have any friends at school becasue she used to be fat and now everyone thinks she's a slut. When she becomes friends with two other girls working at the restaurant, she changes and finds out more about herself. After reading a couple other of Ms. Dessen's books, I think this is my least favorite one. I would advise you to read a anothe rone of her books instead.
posted Jul 20, 2004
Megan said:
I thought this book was one of the best books that I have ever read. I couldn't put it down because it was so good that it made you feel like you were really part of the story. I can relate so much to some of the characters problems that they face in it. This book is sort of like Walk Two Moons, [by Sharon Creech] another great book.