home > bookspace > my comments > comment: speak /
Speak
Anderson, Laurie Halse.
Teen Fiction ANDERSO

Comments  Summary

Musicgirl13 said:
I READ IT! it was soo sad...
posted Jun 21, 2010 at 7:00PM
TheQueen said:
although it's very sad and a lil' slow it's really good.
posted Jun 20, 2010 at 8:55PM
The truth about a girl who's hiding something. It talks about the struggles of fitting in and the aspect of high school.
posted Apr 18, 2010 at 9:54AM
This was a 9.5 out of 10, it was great!! I loved Anderson's language inside her head, an amazing read.
posted Mar 22, 2010 at 8:58PM
Hannah :) said:
i have never read this book butt i really want too sounds good.ive read other books of laurie halse anderson.shes an amazing writer :D
posted Oct 19, 2009 at 10:39AM
Hannah said:
Speak is a passionate book about a girl's suffering and embarrassment after being raped. Her simple, yet exquisite emotion is portrayed bluntly. The girl's story of her first high school year is told as candid and awful as possible. This story is helping teenage girls tell the truth about their feelings, and SPEAK up for themselves.
posted May 19, 2009 at 7:57PM
Hannah said:
posted May 19, 2009 at 7:57PM
kb4444 said:
This book is about a girl who had one bad experience at a party, causing everyone to hate her. I can't give too much more away but you should really read it. It's pretty dark but funny in some places. I couldn't stop reading it... very good book
posted Mar 30, 2009 at 2:16PM
From the beginning, the Top Ten lies they tell in high school, this book held my attention.
posted Feb 5, 2009 at 3:51PM
wow. that's all I have to say. Funny, but it makes you really think about the outcasts you know. What are their stories? If you've never read this one, you should.
posted Dec 18, 2008 at 8:11PM
charms09200 said:
My favorite Laurie Halse Anderson book. I read it in the 7th grade and have loved it sense.
posted Nov 28, 2008 at 11:09PM
jokergrrl said:
I liked this book very much, even though at the same time it kind of surprised me and disturbed me. But I still liked it a lot. Plus Laurie Halse Anderson is one of my favorite authors, too.
posted Oct 16, 2008 at 1:48PM
Lizzie G said:
Speak is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE books, and Laurie Halse Anderson is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE authors. In both of the books I’ve read by her, have been exciting, and so good I couldnt put them down!!
posted Nov 22, 2006 at 10:33AM
danni said:
This is my favorite book ever. It is absolutely an amazing read so make sure you do read it.
posted Nov 3, 2006 at 9:29AM
becca! said:
i read this bood andit was aweful! anderson know nothing about teenage life and teenagers in general.All the book was was a girl complaining for 200 pages! whoo wants to read that!
posted Oct 29, 2006 at 2:10PM
Samara said:
I am a freshman girl and it looks like most of the comments were good but after i read this book i really wouldn’t recommend it. I didn’t like the way it was written but it had a pretty good theme!
posted Oct 3, 2006 at 9:06PM
Vick said:
wow im a freshman girl and i really want to read this after reading all these great comments
posted Sep 7, 2006 at 5:32PM
YamiGrl19 said:
This book is the total truth about being a Freshman it is true about clicks and all sorts of things. This book keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole way. I Highly recommended this Book to any freshman girl!
posted Aug 14, 2006 at 7:57PM
Lo said:
There is a good reason this book has won awards.
posted Jun 20, 2006 at 11:44PM
Halsey said:
Speak is an AWESOME book, I could totally realate to Mel, with the being a freshman, high school clik problems. Mel also has a secret but is afraid to tell anyone. It keeps you reading.
posted Sep 28, 2005
Brooke said:
I read this book only because it was highly recommended to me, and I read Fever 1793 by the same author. But I personally hated this book! It gave me nightmares! The story is really dark, and it's almost scary, but not in a spooky, enjoyable way, but in a way that you don't want to finish the book. I wouldn't recommend this book.
posted Jul 2, 2004
Rachel said:
This is possibly the best book I have ever read. It fallows Melinda, a Freshman that no one likes. You learn of her devistating secret that she dosn't have the courage to share with anyone. And by the end of the book, you find why it is so important to speak.
posted Jun 5, 2004
Samantha said:
This book is about a girl who called the cops at a end of the school year party. When she went back to school the next year all her friends iginored her. This book is about the girl and her troubled through the school year.
Tessa said:
When I started the book I began to get depressed by the story. Then as you became involved you learned of her troubles and how many people can decieve you without thinking of it. The girl:At the end of eight grade she goes to a party,a high school party.She doesn't know what to expect but feels obligated to drink and get invovled with a guy. When he goes to far and she is uncomfortable and drunk she calls the police. Everyone finds out and she is shunned.
Monica said:
It's a great book. Most of the exciting part takes place in the begenning or the end. The middle part just talks about the same thing. But it's still a great book to read.
Kimberly said:
I found this book to be a pleasant read. The story was written in a very lighthearted way; making the dark undertones all the more garish and sad. The only part of the book I disliked was the anticlimatic ending, which was a big disapointment. Otherwise, there's good reason why this book got so many rave reviews!
Lauren said:
This was the best book i have ever read. The main character was so real and i felt like i could connect with her. The plot is exciting and takes many turns. You have to read this awsome book!!!