home > bookspace > my comments > comment: homeless bird /
Homeless bird
Whelan, Gloria.
Children's Fiction WHELAN

Comments  Summary

Someone here sounds a little racist... :/ I thought it was an EXCELLENT book, and would recommend for sure for sure for sure! The title is sort of a metaphor... I think. In the story there’s a poem about a homeless bird, and the girl relates to that because she too is homeless, and hopes that she can fly back to her own flock in the end, just like the bird in the poem.
posted Apr 26, 2011 at 6:56PM
I find the title rather misleading. There weren't really any birds. Just girls. And, let me tell you, the girls wouldn't have been homeless had people just spelled words like they sounded instead of using the stinking 'ph's and 'wr's and 'ck's.
posted Jun 9, 2010 at 12:54PM
AJ said:
I thought this book was fantastic. It really held my interest. I will definitely read this again.
posted Jun 27, 2009 at 7:14PM
AJ said:
posted Jun 27, 2009 at 7:14PM
soccerfreak7505 said:
This book is very touching and shows the hardships of life for a loving young girl in India.
posted Jun 26, 2007 at 9:15PM
Emily said:
This book is about a girl who's parents must find a husband for her. When they do she finds out that she is only wanted for her money to cure her new husband who quickly dies. she must find out how to get along with her new family.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Breanna said:
This book was a page turner! You could completely relate to the numerous characters and it felt like they were right there. If you like a good book read Homeless Bird!
posted Mar 9, 2006