home > bookspace > my comments > comment:

Molly617 said:
Would you recomend this book for a sixth grader? I’m still trying to figure out if I should read it for a school book report. But it shouldn’t be that long because I have to read five books by the end of the quater. By the way, have any of you out there have read the book Rules by Cynthia Lord? She is a very great author, especially being an author of the book rules....READ IT! I just wish she would write more books, and more authors write to children so much inspiring as her...well it least in my reading opinion. And she got me envolved in reading. I could never put it down. Anyhow, please respond back so I can see if you do respond back and say....READ THIS BOOK NOW IT’S THE BEST!!! P.S.-I might just go to the library tonight and see if they have it there...Also if you do respond, do any of you go to JACKSON MIDDLE SCHOOL? Keep on reading, Molly
posted Sep 22, 2008 at 4:30PM
Kara N. said:
this is a great book READ IT!
posted Sep 16, 2008 at 7:31PM
Soniya said:
It was a interesting book. Wilma gets one wish, and she wishes she was popular - at her middle shcool. Later she realizes that when she graduates from her current school, she'll no longer be popular! She only has a couple more weeks of popularity, but what can she do to keep it? It keeps things interesting till the end.
posted Jul 29, 2008 at 3:54PM
Morgen said:
I loved this book because it was so interesting!!
posted Dec 3, 2006 at 9:34PM
Morgen said:
It's a good book, because once i started reading it I didn't want to stop!!!!
posted Dec 3, 2006 at 9:10PM
Gigi said:
Wilma really wants people to like her, so when an old lady tell Wilma she has one wish, Wilma absentmindly says that she wants to be the most popular girl at school. before she knows it, she has a boyfriend, best freinds, in fact, EVERYone wants to be Wilma’s friend. but soon comes graduation, and Wilma realizes that she wished to be the most popular girl at SCHOOL. she never said anything about her other schools. now Wilma must figure out how to keep everyone her friend, even if they don’t want to.
posted Jun 30, 2006 at 10:08AM
Zspecial1 said:
Wilma is the most unpopular person at school. Everyone teases her. When she gives up her seat on a subway to a frail old lady, the lady tells Wilma that she will grant her anything she wishes. Wilma is skeptical is blurts out "I wish I was the most popular person at school!" The book helps you be more careful for what you wish for! I like this book a lot, I’ve read it several times.
posted Jun 23, 2006 at 2:50PM
Becca said:
This book was really good and full of magic if you ever want a good book to read read t he wish it's about a girl who gives up her seat to a magical old lady the lady gives her a wish. If you want to see what she wishes read The Wish
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Kayla said:
A amazing tale about a girl who gets her deepish wish granted, and not granted. This book helps readers understand be careful what you wish for...
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Samantha said:
This book was very good. It was about a girl who has a spell caste on her to become the most popular girl at school. I won't give much away, You have to read it! I would recomend it for girls ages 10-13
posted Jul 11, 2005 at 4:50PM
Brooke said:
If you had one wish, what would you wish for? Wilma is presented this chance when she gives up her seat on the subway to an old lady, who grants her anything her heart desires. Wilma, a levelheaded, normal kind of girl in eighth grade, wishes to be the most popular girl at school- if you get a wish, might as well go all out! She doesn't believe it will really work...but soon finds out that she is the most popular girl at school. The book is about friendship, making choices, doing the right thing, and being yourself. I thought it was really good, and the ending was great. Wilma was a strong, funny main character. It wasn't as good as Ella Enchanted, which Levine also wrote, but it was a light, fun read and very enjoyable. I give it 3 stars: a good book.
posted Jun 14, 2005
Ashley said:
I thought this book was O.K., it had alot that it could definitely have done without. Overall, I think that Levine had a good plot in mind but maybe went overboard on the details. She uses good descriptive words that make you know what is happening. I think that you have to read it for yourself.
posted Jun 13, 2005 at 8:18PM
Lindsey said:
i loved this book its about a girl who meets this old ladie and wishes she was the most popular girl at her school and it happens shes friends with the popular kids and gets asked out alot 4 the up and comin dance but then ends up going out with a guy ppl would lable a nerd she finds out he liked her be4 she was popular thats all im gonna say you all should read it well the gurls anywayz i don't think its a guy book lol thx
Renae said:
I thought is was a great book about a girl named wilma who meets this witch, who grants her one wish, to be popular at her middle school Claverford. But it is not what she thinks.