home > bookspace > my comments > comment: hope was here /
Hope was here
Joan Bauer
Teen Fiction BAUER

Comments  Summary  Reviews  Author Notes

$h00t1ng$t@r said:
Hope Was Here is a great story about moving away, dealing with loss, and moving on. This is a realistic fiction book that I could easily relate to! Another book by Joan Bauer: Close to Famous
posted Aug 5, 2013 at 6:53PM
RavenousReader said:
Genre: Realistic Fiction My Rating: 4 out of 5-I rate "Hope was Here" a four out of five because it took time to settle into, but ended with a sad yet rewarding ending. I liked how it was easy to relate to, especially if you have moved before. Other books by Joan Bauer that I would recommend: Close to Famous
posted Jul 6, 2013 at 9:43AM
GREAT BOOK! I read it for school and fell in love with it! I want to read it over and over again!
posted May 4, 2010 at 2:15PM
AllieRose said:
Laughter and loss are abundant in this story of a girl fighting for what she believes is both good and right.
posted Jan 22, 2010 at 10:03PM
readamia said:
Hope's name suits her- she never gives up. When she has to move again, she comes to a small town where she learns many lessons about what it means to be a family
posted Jul 6, 2007 at 2:12PM
Jesusfreak94 said:
I love this book!!!!!!! It is so realistic, and it has a teenager who isn’t just obsessed with her music, and only cares about guys and stuff like that. She is down-to-earth, and she is an awesome waitress. I almost cried it was so sweet. You really realize how much a person can impact people for the better.
posted Jun 26, 2006 at 12:20PM
Erica said:
I thought this book was really good. I couldn't put it down. I really got into this book. It kept me hoping things would turn out all right. Just when things seemed to be un-barable things turned around and everything was okay.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Erica said:
This book was so good!!!!!!!! It had a lot of suprisng twists. Very good ending. Very touching. I recomend it to kids and teens 10 and up.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Ellen said:
This book is gret for all ages! I read this book for a book report and I cried and I laughed. This book really makes you think about life and what it means. If you come accross this book, read it! Boys and girls, even GROWN-UPS!!
posted Nov 5, 2005 at 11:43AM
Brooke said:
It was fresh, charming, funny, and sweet. I get so tired of the typical teenage books with a lot of garbage. This was a new plot, with a strong main character who stands up for what's right. Hope, the main character, moves with her mom to work in a dinky diner in a small town. Hope is the best waitress, and her mother Addie is an amazing cook. The book is about how they affect the town with their diner, and how Hope realizes who she is. Warning: this book will make you very hungry!
posted Jun 3, 2005
Haskel said:
I love this book!! I think that it was very realistic. I think that the author is very devoted to her work. I recommend it to anyone who has a dream and/or is very devoted.
posted Nov 20, 2004 at 6:12PM