home > bookspace > my comments > comment: the tiger rising /
The tiger rising
Kate DiCamillo
Children's Fiction DICAMILL

long lake library staff said:
This was a strange and interesting little book. It is about a young boy who stuffs all his emotions deep down inside and a new girl who always lets her emotions out (usually anger) and a tiger in a cage. While somewhat predictable in the plotting, I was surprised by how much the author made me care about her characters and what they were feeling. A bit allegorical in nature, so it might be confusing for younger readers. Middle schoolers and up.
posted Jul 1, 2013 at 4:47PM
danasuzy said:
I am reading this book for a book club at school. I am also doing an online course for it in school. I accidently read something on that course that gave away the end. I enjoy the book. Definently not my favorite though!
posted Jun 1, 2011 at 4:05PM
Booklover2 said:
This book is very sad but has a hopeful ending that will leave you with a smile on your face.
posted Jul 10, 2009 at 8:32PM
I hated this book! It was soooo BORING!
posted Jun 1, 2009 at 3:18PM
Maria said:
I absolutely HATE HATE HATE this book! I read it in about half hour, but it was too sad and boring. Don't read it!
posted Oct 19, 2006 at 8:53PM
Maria said:
posted Oct 19, 2006 at 8:53PM
John said:
It was pretty cool that there was a tiger in it. It was exciting when they let the tiger out and there was one part at the end that made me sad (but i wont give it away) I recommend this book to other kids that like animals
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Michael said:
It was very very good! if you liked Because of Winn-Dixie you will love this book! its about a kid that dosen't have any friends and gets picked on alot and he finds a tiger in the woods.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Brittany said:
It is a very good book.The author does a good job of describing the charecters.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Erica said:
It was very good. It was very touching an suprisng.
posted May 9, 2006 at 11:08AM
Amelia said:
Even though it was a short book, I loved how the author pulled me in and left me on a cliffhanger every chapter.
posted Apr 27, 2006 at 4:16PM
Nicole said:
This book is about a boy who finds a tiger locked up in a cage and lets the tiger out of the cage.I thought that this book was interesting most of the time, but sometimes it got a little boring.I recommend this book.
posted Apr 5, 2006 at 5:44PM
Jack said:
This book was great! I would reccomend it to anybody who likes tigers.
posted Dec 20, 2004 at 3:03PM
Caitlyn said:
This is an amazing book. It's simple yet meaninful and deep. Although it is meant for children and teens anyone could read this book and really appretiate it. It was so touching and i loved it!!!
posted Aug 22, 2004
Kaitlyn said:
This book was a good book. All of my friends ask me why I thik it is so good, but it just made me think about my life and things going on. You should read this book it is really good.